Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Five bottles of water on the rail....

It was a hot one out there this morning.  6:20 when I left it was 82 degrees out.  A 4.5 mile walk this morning for me and I was soaked when I got back home.  I'm glad it is Sunday and had to take a shorter than usual walk. : ) 
Walking along one of the paths I spotted five full new bottles of water sitting on the railing of a footbridge.
I wondered if someone was just being nice and left the water for people walking by.  More likely people left them there for their return trip back.  I was really tempted to take a bottle. : )
I did have a nice long cold drink of water when I got back home!

Now off I go to get ready for church.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good
to them that love God,
to them who are called
according to his purpose.

Have a blessed Sunday my friends.
Happyone

6 comments:

  1. Target Practice!!! -giggles- My 1st though! lol.

    ♡*♡*♡*♡*♡*♡
    "Long ago--say thirty-five years ago--a little girl used to wake on Sunday morning feeling that a whole life of happiness lay before her in the day."

    ~~From an excerpt from "Three Houses," Angela Thirkell's 1931 memoir
    ♡*♡*♡*♡*♡*♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that would have been a very kind thing to do - leave water out with a sign that says "take one" - It sure has been HOT!!!
    Have a Wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water would have tempted me too!

    I hope this day is a happy one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thought if someone had left them for fellow walkers. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I just wonder. I might have said, "Thank you, Lord!"☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. If someone did the water for others, that is very nice and kind. I always carry extra water with me when I hike and have run into hikers who didn't have water and I am always happy to be able to share! Hope you enjoyed church today. Love the scripture. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )