Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Missing them already

Spending time yesterday and this morning with the kids was a blessing.  It is great to just spend time playing and listening to the little ones.  They really are a joy to be with and makes for a happy heart. : )
David, Scout, Japhy and I went out for a little bit of shopping after spending the morning talking and catching up.  We had lunch out at The Noodle Company and then went back home.  It was a rainy day so we couldn't go to the park but we had fun inside playing.
Here sits Japhy taking his new toy out of the package.  He was too intent on what he was doing to look up.
We all laughed at Scout being silly here with the orange peel.
Ken came home early from work and received a quite a welcome with lots of hugs and big smiles.
Scout helped with dinner and set the table.  We used the colorful fiestaware and she had quite a fun time deciding which colors would be just perfect for everyone.

This morning I made them all French toast and after that they left to spend today and tomorrow down at the shore in Delaware.
I look forward to seeing them all again.
********************
I took my walk as usual early this morning and walked around the lake.  It was a cloudy morning and humid with a temperature of 67 and just for a few minutes there was a light little rain shower.   That was nice though because it cooled me off a bit.  Later the sun came out and we've had a sun and clouds day.
Lots of people out around the lake.  Walkers, runners, a bike rider, fishermen and boats.
There were many rabbits up on the bunny trail - so many I stopped counting after six.
Nothing unusual happening around this morning but a most enjoyable walk non the less.
My steps for this walk was 12,577 and again I walked 6.1 miles.
*********************
I didn't really feel like doing much after the kids left.  I guess I was missing them already but then felt happy that at least I got to see them for as long as I did.  And God willing, will see them plenty more times. : )

Instead of just doing regular cleaning I decided to clear off the hutch, give it a good dusting and change the dishes on it.
Here it is before with the Fiestaware on it.
 And here it is with dishes on it that I've picked up at different antique and flea markets over the years.  I like that they don't match and think it is fun to set the table with all different patterns.  One good thing about that, is that if one breaks, its no big deal, I don't have to find a particular pattern to replace it.
So I've just been puttering around the house, moving a few other things around a bit too.  Nothing big just little things.

When Ken comes home from work we are going out to do some errands and will eat out somewhere.  Not sure yet where we will be going.  I'm thinking maybe Mexican.

Now I'm off to catch up on some blog reading.  Once again I'm getting behind!

Hope you have found your bit of happiness today and don't forget to be thankful for it.
Happyone
With every deed you are sowing a seed,
though the harvest you may not see.
~Ella Wilcox

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Glad to hear that you had a good visit with your family.
I like Fiestaware and would like to start a collection but can't decide on which color. They are all so pretty. I like your idea of multi-color!

Vee said...

The grands are growing so much! Glad that they kept you all in hugs and kisses and good times. I'm smiling to think of your grandgirlie helping set the table with the Fiestaware. What color did she choose for you?

Beth said...

Your grandkids are adorable. I am so glad that you got to spend time with them.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad you had such a good time with your family, Karen... What a JOY....

Please come and clean off my hutch sometime... Mine NEEDS it... ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Happy@Home said...

Looks like a very special visit and the grands are adorable.
How fun to switch out the dishes in your hutch. I love the look of mismatched pieces of china.
Enjoy your dinner ... wherever it ends up being.

Debbie Jones said...

Sounds like you are having a busy but happy week...I love how much you walk every day. You are a great inspiration to me. I need to get back into walking...had to take a few weeks off after surgery. Love the way your hutch looks with the different "flea market" plates. Thanks for the reminder to look for what makes us happy and BE GRATEFUL!!

Shammickite said...

Grandchildren are a wonderful blessing aren't they? I've been accumulating a few of my own over the past 4 years, I now have boy 4, boy 3, and girl/boy twins 10 months. So life is busy in our family.
I love your hutch with all the different plates.... and the :before" with the fiesta ware is lovely too, so colourful. Wasn't there some problem with the glaze on fiesta ware being radioactive, or am I imagining it?

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

What a fun day. And fun for all. And making happy memories.

Oh I like the change, on the hutch. Such a beautiful, beautiful collection of pale, lovely, old dishes. Just precious.

"Love looks not with the eyes,
but with the mind..."

~W. Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

Anonymous said...

You sound to have had a lovely time with your family and what beautiful looking grandchildren they are. I love all the colours of your pottery but equally like the delicate china you now have on display. Enjoy your Mexican supper.