Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

This morning

it felt like winter was back.  It was only 28 degrees with patches of frost about.  I limped along for 3.6 miles.  Today I walked down the path across the street from yesterdays path and went to where four paths meet.
Turned around and walked backed home the same way.  It took just over an hour.  Didn't see any wildlife except for the birds.  There were a couple of people walking dogs.  One couple I see a lot.  They walk their black lab and always have a cup of coffee in their hands.  A nice friendly couple.  The other man I see often too.  He also has a lab but a chocolate brown one.  Both the man and his dog are old and slowly walk along together.  He always has a smile and says good morning.
I enjoyed my walk and glad I'm able to be out there walking. 
********************
The Margaret Mitchell show on PBS last night was very good.  She was quite a character and I learned some surprising things about her.
********************
Weeks sure go by fast and once again it's Tuesday and time to go to the mill for a morning of knitting.  During the week I had finished up the one place mat I started last week and now I have started another.  I also made some weave-it squares - blue ones this time.  My next baby blanket is going to be blue and white checks.
The weather warmed up quite a lot during the day and some people even sat outside knitting.  Though it was in the 60's it was still a bit cold for me to sit out so I was one of the ones that stayed inside.  There were about 15 of us there today with half inside and half outside.

Leaving knitting I made a quick stop at the library just to drop some stuff off.  Had a book in my hand to check out but put it back.  Still have some I'm reading at home and didn't want to have to start another! 
As I got out the door and was walking back to my car someone behind me said, "Jesus loves you."  I turned around and and the woman looked very familiar to me but I just couldn't place her.  She didn't know me though and just happened to be walking behind me and said that.  But boy I know I know her from someplace and it is driving me crazy trying to figure it out.  We talked a bit and just couldn't figure it out. 

I'm home for the rest of the day.  Ken won't be home till about 8:30 or so tonight.  After work he has a one day class to go to.  It is right in the building where he works. 
So I'll make myself pancakes for supper and even put a dollop or two of whipped cream (RediWhip) on them.  I usually only eat one pancake but since it is supper I'll splurge and eat two! : )

Hope all is well in your part of the world and that you had a day with lots of sunshine.
Happyone
People think a soul mate is your perfect fit,
and that's what everyone wants.
But a true soul mate is a mirror,
the person who shows you everything 
that is holding you back,
the person who brings 
you to your own attention
so you can change your life.
~ Elizabeth Gilbert

3 comments:

Vee said...

Now I'm wondering what time you went walking. I went a little after seven and it was two degrees warmer. Hmmm...something's wrong with my thermometer.

Hope that you figure out how you know that lady. Things like that drive me foolish.

Beth said...

It was almost 60 when I got up this morning and has warmed to 82 degrees now. It has been sunny all day but we are under a thunderstorm watch for tonight.

I wish I had know about the PBS show. I would have loved to have seen it although it may not have been showing on our PBS here.

I hope your leg continues to get better!

Anonymous said...

Oh it has gone bitter cold here too - snow showers yesterday but nothing lay thank goodness. The north of Scotland has got quite a covering and homes are without electricity. It's so annoying when you think you know someone but can't place where you have seen them before - I am dreadful at remembering names. A pancake and cream sounds yummy.