Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 05, 2012

Walking, a clean desk and squares

A cool 25 degrees this morning but there was no wind and the sun came out, for a little while anyway.  I walked the trail route that takes me behind the school.  Here's a couple of pictures I took walking along.

Didn't see anyone on the trail but along the paved paths there were a few people.   I stopped to talk to Petey and John.
I saw a few deer, some wrens, and a downy woodpecker and heard a few more woodpeckers too.
Pretty quiet out there today.
I walked 6.2 miles.
Sunrise 6:34
Sunset 6:05
********************
I've been home today and did some more cleaning.  My computer desk was getting to be a catch all and was quite a mess.  It is right in the kitchen out in the open so I really need to keep it neat and tidy.  Now everything is either filed away, taken care of or thrown away. 

I have also made some weave-it squares today for the another baby blanket I've started making.  I've made quite a few pink squares so it will have to be for a girl. 

That's about all I've done today and now I'm off to catch up on some blog reading and then maybe make a few more squares.

Hope this Monday has been a good day for you. : )
Happyone
The best six doctors anywhere
And no one can deny it
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
If only you are willing
Your mind they'll ease
Your will they'll mend
And charge you not a shilling.
~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields

8 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hello There, Since I've been away from blogging for a week, I have alot of catching up to do. We had a wonderful trip to Arkansas --but it's great to visit with my blog friends. Hope things are going well with you.

Sounds like you have had some good walks this week... Love that new hymn...
Hugs,
Betsy

Jeanne said...

I love your quote - so true!! How people manage without getting out I don't know!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Cute the way they have made these paths... Is this how you plan on making paths, on your new land, maybe?

"Seeing what is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle."
~~George Orwell

Vee said...

Good nursery rhyme. I should commit it to memory. I've done something to my back and can hardly move. My desk looks a fright, too.

Cheryl said...

I walked for about an hour today and thought of you. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air, but you know all about that. I hope this is the start for me.

Hope you have a great night.

o2bhiking said...

I like those six doctors! If you want practice cleaning desks, come to my office! Expect to be there for a while, though! ;^) Art

Happy@Home said...

I need to clean off my desk too. It is the place where everybody seems to dump things when we come in the door.
The nursery rhyme is great ... and so true.

Anonymous said...

It's such a good feeling to tackle a cleaning job - what satisfaction when you have completed it. How true - how healthy we would feel if we followed the nursery rhyme.