Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A spring like day

This morning it was 21 degrees WARMER than yesterday!  Today when I walked it was 40 degrees when I started out.  Walked over to the lake and on the path there, saw five deer.   Couldn't make it all the way around the lake because the workers had it closed off and were already working.  There was also a park ranger sitting there so no one could sneak past the barrier.  I walked part way around the lake and then took the upper loop, back down the way I had come and passed up my usual path home and took this one up to the other park entrance and to the main road.
 
At that entrance to the park is a skate park for the skate boarders which I walked past.  No skaters this morning.
Denise is a woman whose name I just learned this morning.  She is a runner who I have often seen running over by the lake for the last couple of years.  Today we happened to stop and talk about the closed path and exchanged names.  She often starts out earlier than me so I don't see her every day.  It was nice to meet and know the name of still another lake morning person. : )
Today I walked 6.8 miles.
Sunrise 6:51
Sunset 5:52
********************
Last night we ate out at Pasta Blitz.  Ken got home late from work and I hadn't made anything for dinner yet so we decided to go out.  We shared a Greek salad and a pizza steak sub.  Both yummy!  It is about 15 minutes from our house and when we walked up to the counter to order there was Robert, our next door neighbor ordering food too.  Funny we hardly ever see him and there he was at Pasta Blitz.  We talked for quite a while!  We ate our food there and Robert took his to go.

I finished knitting the baby blanket last night while watching television.  It is all cotton and feels very soft.
Home today trying to get a few things done around the house.  It has turned out to be a beautiful sunny day and a perfect one for hanging out the wash.  It is a white load and I like to keep them out there a bit longer past drying because the sun bleaches them whiter.

Hope your Wednesday is a happy day for you.
Happyone
There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.
~Mark Twain

10 comments:

Suz said...

pasta blitz great name
enjoyed your day, I did
Here its chilly...but yes like your day...it seems warmer...does that make sense...and the birds that are out....I think they know something....and I got a wonderful gift in the mail today...and Karen I thank you....kindness given on a day when I needed a hug....love the colors

Kerri Farley said...

Oh the baby blanket is Lovely!

I received my gift today too. I am using it on my desk to set my coffee cup on (kind of like a coaster) so I can see it all day long :) I LOVE it!
Thank you so much for your kindness!

Vee said...

We went out for supper last night and the night before. The night before was a sub at Subway. Probably not as terrific as your Pasta Blitz. We often share a sub. I love it because I always get to choose. John hates figuring out what he wants at such places.

The baby blanket turned out beautifully. I don't see why it wouldn't work nicely as a throw. Is that the pattern you got at Ravelry?

Linda said...

Pasta Blitz sounds like a great place to eat. We need one in New Jersey.

The baby blanket that you made is just beautiful. I agree with the other person that I would make a great throw for you.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karen, We sometimes run into our neighbors at various places ---yet we seldom see them when we are all home!!!!

Your supper sounded good last night... AND--I love your baby blanket...So pretty--and it looks so soft.

Hugs,
Betsy

Pamie G. said...

What an awesome gift I received in the mail today....love love the colors...you are so kind and generous! Much love, Pam

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Nice to see this area, has an area for skate borders. Wise to include the younger generation, in things provided for them, I think.

The baby blanket looks lovely. And soft. Too bad we all can't have our own baby blankets again, hu? :-)

"The only stupid thing about words is the spelling of them." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

Anonymous said...

Count me in with the others who received your gift in the mail. It is so pretty. Thank you very much!! I'm not sure if I can bring myself to wash dishes with it... yet. I do like the comment above about using it for a coffee coaster.
The baby blanket is so pretty. I love the pattern.

Anonymous said...

We also had a lovely warm day here in Dumfries & Galloway today - most unseasonal but according to the forecast it is not to last. The baby blanket is beautiful - you are an amazing knitter. Something very satisfying about seeing a line of washing drying - I love to hang mine out.

Winter said...

Beautiful blanket, I think knitting is prettier than crochet, but I've just crocheted so long and love it. I have knitting needles, your blanket makes me want to pull them out and try my hand at it again. I haven't knitted since I was a teen.