Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday

Didn't walk yesterday on Christmas but i was back to walking this morning.  I slept in a little bit and didn't leave until 7:00.  It was 38 degrees with a bit of a breeze kicking up but the sun came out and i had a great walk around the lake.  There were a few other walkers and runners scattered around the lake as well.  The main gates were closed so it was people who lived close enough to the lake who could walk there.  I did see a few cars parked along the road by a couple of the entrances though.

I saw the heron standing at the waters edge when i walked over the red footbridge.  A couple of mocking birds where flying about and i also saw a few chickadees.

There are many benches along the path around the lake and they have plaques on them honoring or in memory of someone.  For the past three years that i have been walking here each Christmas a wreath like this one has been placed behind this bench on the little hill.  The ornaments on the wreath are made of bird seed.  It always touches my heart to see this and to read the plague.
I walked 6 miles.
Sunrise 7:26
Sunset 4:50
The daylight hours will now be starting 
to get longer minute by minute. : )
******************************************
When i came home from my walk there was a little gift bag sitting in the wreath on my front door.  Inside was a card that said Merry Christmas and these five mini candles.  The card was not signed so i have no idea who it is from.  A nice little surprise. : )
Ken and i had a nice and quiet Christmas.
I'm always glad when Christmas is over.  I am not a big holiday person, and not sure why.  Maybe because i expect it to be more than it is and it really is just another day.  I prefer the ordinary every day goings on in life.  With no expectations every day is great just in itself. 

I took advantage of the sunny day and did a load of whites and hung them outside.  There is still a bit of a breeze so they should dry fast.  I've already done my Body Electric workout and a few other chores around the house.

Ken is off own his own this morning but we are meeting up later for lunch and then i'm not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Hope your day is a happyone.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone  : )
People are so worried about what they eat 
between Christmas and the New Year,
but they really should be worried about what 
they eat between the New Year and Christmas.
~Author Unknown

6 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

What a touching little wreath tribute. And how nice that it is made of birdseed.

I'm very relaxed today. It was a nice, calm Christmas, even with all the adults and children gathered. So it leaves me mellow. :-) I understand about how expecting too much from a holiday, can be the worst thing to do. Flow gently on all days. Even Holidays. :-)

And I really felt like making a new Blog Look, today! Thank you for liking my simple one. (Even more simple now, with snow Background). :-)

I look forward to your new Blog Look!

"The soup simmers all afternoon, the fragrant steam wafting through the kitchen, warming our faces and tempting our taste buds as we take turns giving the post a friendly stir." ~~Susanne Barrett

Terra said...

You have a great place to walk and the bird seed wreath is a sweet remembrance by someone. I walk along the Bay and there are benches here too dedicated in memory of people.

Happy@Home said...

That little wreath is indeed touching. So glad you shared it.
Interesting that you should find a surprise in your own wreath. The little candles are so sweet. With all of the people you surprise, I'm glad you are now the recipient of an unexpected surprise.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Vee said...

You like normalcy, I think. We are happily celebrating all 12 days of Christmas here. I do not like to pack up the holidays and be done with them. It's official, we're exact opposites. =)

What a sweet little gift waiting for you. I wonder if you'll ever find out who left it there.

KathyA said...

What a sweet gift. Perhaps it's from someone at your church?

We had a really nice Christmas Eve with all the kids and a relatively quiet Christmas Day. I'm sorry now that it's all over...

Kerri Farley said...

"With no expectations every day is great just in itself." This is soooo true! I am learning to appreciate every day .... even the cold windy ones :)