Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Land

Happy Sunday to you.

A Bible Verse For Sunday
 Titus 3:4
When the kindness and love of
God our Savior appeared,
He saved us,
not because of righteous things we had done,
but because of His mercy.
***********************************
No walk for me yesterday.  We left early in the morning and went up to Deep Creek Lake in western Maryland again.  We have been looking at some land up there for a place where we can build a little rustic cabin and have a get away to enjoy the countryside.
Yesterday we found just the spot for us, put a bid in and it was accepted. We will soon be the owners of 8 acres of woods on a dead end road. It is about 8 miles from the lake in a little town called Accident!
Here's a few pictures.
Looking up the kind of driveway that is there.
 Standing in the middle of the land looking back out toward the road.  
Near the back of the land.
The view from the driveway.
We are pretty excited about it and look forward to the fun we will have there.
***************************************
I skipped my walk again because i didn't think breathing in all that cold morning air would be good for my cough.  I do have some of the halls cough drops that you recommended Auntie and they are great!  Going out to get some more cough medicine when we go out later.  This isn't like me to be sick and i don't like it.  At least i don't really feel sick - i just tire easily and have this blasted cough.  

Skipping church today too.  Don't think i could sit there and not cough for a hour or so and i sing bad enough without trying to sing like this!!! : )  Besides don't want to pass it on to anyone.
Really sorry to miss church too because we are starting a new sermon series and really wanted to go.

Enjoy your Sunday and i hope you're in good health.  
Happyone : )
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining.
I believe in love even when i am alone.
I believe in God even when He is silent.
~ Author Unknown.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new land, its looks beautiful! Hope you are feeling better soonest.

John
connectedtothevinephotography.blogspot.com

Noofy said...

What a beautiful spot you have. I am excited for you too! Try to get some rest and drink plenty of fluids, hope you feel better soon!

Cheryl said...

I'm SOOOO excited for you. The land and the view are just stunning. I can't wait to hear all the details when I see you this week.

Cheryl said...

PS...I just caught up on your blog. I've missed many posts. You really have a gift of photography and I always love seeing your pictures.

I hope you feel much better soon. It's so unusual for you to be sick.

Vee said...

Wow! How exciting about new property and a future little cabin in the woods! You can call it a "Happy Accident." ☺

Hope that you feel better. You know how I swear by Thieves, right? Just hintin'...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Exciting! Land on which to build a rustic hide-away. Oh this will be such a fun project for the both of you! Can't wait to tag along, via your blog.

Good Girl! Take it easy, and listen to your body telling you, how to proceed. Plus also good, to not scatter germs in a church setting. Kind even!!!!!! And Wise.

Oh and yes, a *Change Has Been Made. ,-)

Gentle hugs,
"Bring forth the raisins and the nuts-
Tonight All-Hallows' Specter struts
Along the moonlit way."

~~John Kendrick Bangs

George said...

It looks as if you've found yourself a beautiful spot of land for a cabin. It's a great place for a cabin.

Ruta M. said...

Exciting was the word that sprang to my mind when I read your post. What a dream to have a cabin out there in the woods. Good luck in your new venture.