Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A good hair day

I was back to the early morning time for my walk today.  It was nice yesterday going a little bit later because i didn't have to start out in the dark but i really like the early morning time best.  It was 44 degrees and dark but the sun stayed out once it was up.  A beautiful sunny morning.  These sunny fall mornings are just perfect for walking.
I saw three deer in the field at the end of the lake and another four on the path to the lake.
A couple of bunnies were on the side of the upper path eating grass.  Not a lot of people out but enough around that i said good morning a few times.
Two people stopped at the crosswalk to let me cross.  One of them was a woman!!!  I took a double take - yes it really was a woman! 
I found a lucky penny and walked 6.7 miles.
Sunrise 7:27
Sunset 6:15
*********************************************
Couldn't make my knitting group today because i had to leave at 11:00 this morning for my hair appointment.  Time to get those roots touched up again.  Cheryl also gave my hair a bit of a trim, then blow dried it and sent me off having a Great Hair Day.  I wish my hair could look like this every day.  Thanks Cheryl!! : )
I brought some knitting along with me and knitted on a dish cloth while waiting for the color to set.

From there i stopped off at the library and dropped off a few books.  Didn't stay long enough to look around.  Had to get home and get a few things done.

I was home at 1:50 and ate a late lunch.  Thought of skipping lunch but knew i would be hungry later and eat things i shouldn't so i had lunch.

A few months ago i mentioned that we bought tickets to see Les Miserables at the Kennedy Center.  Well that night has finally arrive and tonight is the night we are going.  I am so excited and can't wait to see it.  I've wanted to see this for years!! We are meeting a woman who Ken works with and her husband there. 

So till then i'll be home doing a little of this and that.
Hope your day is a good one.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
Time is a created thing.
To say I don't have time
is to say I don't want to.
~ Lao Tzu





6 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Beautiful, beautiful photo of the trees and the lake today. The deer seem to be out everywhere. My son had an unfortunate run-in with a deer over the weekend. His car is pretty banged up, but fortunately nobody was hurt ... although I imagine the deer was rather stunned.
Have a great time at Les Miserables. We saw it several years ago.

Vee said...

Ohhhh that'll be great. I expect a report on the show.

I've given up all hope of ever having a good hair day again. My hair needs its own zip code and padded cell all in one.

Suz said...

oh wise Lao Tzu

have a great evening

Barb said...

Hope you have fun at the theater. You'll be all dolled up with your new hair-do!

o2bhiking said...

That is a good show - enjoy! Sounds like another great walk in the morning. Art

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Hope you had a great time, last evening.