Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 29, 2011

Trees down

I skipped my walk yesterday morning because Irene was still around with her winds and rain and even though by afternoon the sun was shinning i never got out to walk.  Where i live we got lots of rain and wind but that's about it.  LOTS of people are without power because of all the trees that came down and took wires with them.  We never lost power here, but the old house did and is still without power.
Beautiful walking weather this morning.  Temperature was 61 degrees and the sun was shining.  The path i walk on getting to the lake was littered with branches, leaves and i had to climb over or under about a half dozen trees on my way to the lake.

I walked around a pretty quiet lake.  Only passed by a few people.  I stopped and talked to a couple of my walker friends.
I only saw a bunny and some geese and didn't even hear or see that many birds. 
I just stayed to the lower path around the lake but i didn't walk straight home.  Went down the road to another path because I wanted to see how things looked out that way.  Didn't come across any fallen trees but just lots of leaves on the path.  You can see a picture of a leave covered footbridge i walked over on my picture blog if you care to take a look.  I just walked a little way down the path and then turned around and made my way back home.
Today i walked 6.7 miles.
Sunrise 6:33
Sunset 7:43
***********************************************
I already have a couple of loads of laundry washed and drying outside on the line and when I get finished with this post, i plan to get some house work done.  Hopefully i'll fit some time for in for reading, knitting, making weave-its, and visiting blogs.  But before that, i'm going to have some breakfast.  It's is already after 10:00, i've been up since 6:00 and still haven't eaten breakfast.

A happy day to you all.
Till next time.......
Happyone : )
To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.
~ Barry Goldwater

8 comments:

'Auntie' said...

You and I were both, soooooooooooooo lucky!!!

But so many were not. And my heart goes out to them.

It's kind of hard to see this beautiful sunny cool day... And know that so many people are in such great difficulty, even in my own extended general area.

OK, now I'll go back to being happy/relieved that we make it through, without damage. :-)

Hugsssssssssssssssssssssss..........

Jeanne said...

I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any damage from Irene. Hope everyone gets back to normal soon.

Retired Knitter said...

SAme for us. Wind and rain and a mighty mess of leaves that fell from the trees. We didn't lose power either but our Harris Teeter just down the street was on a generator. and when I went for my walk I saw down trees as well. Mother Nature's way of pruning her greenery.

Anita said...

Glad to know it wasn't worse. I'd been thinking about my MD Blogger friends.

Sue said...

So glad you are safe, and we were blessed to escape the worst too, but my heart is saddened by what others went through.
Those are big trees, it took some powerful winds to bring them down.
As always I enjoy you sharing your day.

Love the quote.
Sue

Happy@Home said...

Glad to know you are safe after Irene's visit. It looks like the winds were pretty strong to bring down the trees like that.
Hope you're back to walking now.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh my! We didn't get a drop of rain - and need it so bad. Glad you didn't lose power.

o2bhiking said...

Ha! I took similar photos for my blog! Art