Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Good walking weather

Loving these mornings!  Another beautiful morning for walking.  I started out walking up by the liquor store and was rewarded with finding a lucky penny to start my day. : )  No particular route this morning.  I headed over to the lake but just before I got there I took a right here and headed down the path which leads to the tennis courts and back to the road.
From there I just walked along a few roads on the sidewalk.  Went over to take a look at how the pool is coming along that I'm watching being put in.  Today concrete was being put in around the pool and I noticed some fence posts in already.  I couldn't get any pictures because the men were working.  I'll walk by again tomorrow early.  There shouldn't be anyone working then.
I didn't see the mom and baby deer today but I did see a few other deer.  Two different times I saw some Gold Finches.  The are so pretty but tiny and fast and hard to get a picture of.
Here is just another picture I snapped along the way.  For you locals that's route 108 up there on the bridge.
I didn't come across very many people today on my walk, but I'm sure there were lots of them around the lake.
I walked 6.2 miles.
Sunrise 6:18
Sunset 8:06
**********************************************
We did end up going to Red Robin for supper last night and we both had fish (cod) and chips.  I know it is known for hamburgers but they have the best fish and chips!!

A couple of hours after I was back from walking it clouded up and started to rain.  Stopped for a while but now it's raining again, even heard some thunder rumbling.
This morning while Ken was out, I got my usual morning things done.  Then sewed together the next of the weave-it squares I had finished.

Met up for lunch and went out and did a few errands together.
Now here we are at home and just hanging around the house.
We will probably go out again later.
Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.
~ Sophia Loren

3 comments:

Vee said...

So glad that you're getting a respite from the muggy mornings. It must make walking pure pleasure with no drawbacks at all. Oh I love a good fish and chips meal. Sadly, we have no Red Robins. A happy day to you! (But, of course!)

Barb said...

A lovely sunrise to start your walk. I'm in the city and it's HOT. In the mountains, on the other hand, frost is just around the corner.

Noofy said...

I was sure you would get your walk in before the rain started. Your area got so much more rain than we did. Suppose to be more coming this week. Sound like an enjoyable meal at Red Robin.