Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 27, 2011

A way to say I love you

It was 69 degrees and cloudy this morning when I headed out the door, but the sun was out and shinning not long after. 
I took the connect the paths route and didn't meet very many people along the way.  They are probably all at the lake.  This time of year the lake gets a bit crowded with the weather being so nice in the morning.  I prefer walking there with less people.
I saw a few rabbits along the path.  They usually sit very still as I walk by unless I stop and then they run to the higher grass.  One rabbit this morning actually hopped right up in the air and jumped into the higher grass.  It was funny to watch.  Wish I could have taken a video.  Heard but didn't see a woodpecker.
Everything is so lush and green and the different shades of green are so pretty.
I had a lovely walk once again.
I walked 6.5 miles.
Sunrise 5:45
Sunset 8:24
***********************************************
I took this picture of the Hens and Chicks in my front yard.  They are looking nice and healthy.  Notice the purple flowers in the picture too.  They are doing nicely also and spreading their purple color around my little front garden.
My husband Ken isn't one who says I love you often but he does nice little things for me all the time.  Just little things but special to me.  He knows I love York peppermint patties and today when I emptied his lunch box out there were two of the little patties sitting in there for me to find.  One of them had a little heart sticker on it (like the little heart candies) that said ONLY YOU on it.  I love the little things like this that he does for me.  It's his way of saying I love you. : )  I am blessed to have him for my husband.

Hope your Friday was a good one and you found many times to smile today.
Happyone : )
Inside every older person
is a younger person
wondering what happened.
~ Jennifer Yane

10 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how sweet, Happy One. My man knows also that it is the small things he does which matter the most... Your hubby is a "keeper"....

Love your semps...

Have a nice weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Noofy said...

Another thing we have in common...I love purple, it is my favorite color. Your garden is lovely, really coming along, be proud, good job! I am a Peppermint Patty addict! How sweet of Ken, I bet he didn't even mention it later. What a nice surprise for you, I can see you smiling.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

That-is-so-sweet!!!

~♥~

Vee said...

As the song says, "Little things mean a lot."

Your garden is looking happy and growing and filling in. I'll be happy when all of my garden looks full.

Helen said...

This post just makes me so happy to read. Your beautiful walk, the funny rabbit, the beautiful flowers in your garden and the nice little things your husband does for you, so nice.

Retired Knitter said...

You are blessed in many many ways - and so is he to have YOU in his life.

Happy@Home said...

Your garden plants are looking very happy and healthy.
Those sweet little surprises, like findng York Peppemint Patties, are sure to bring smiles to your day. So thoughtful of Ken and I have no doubts you are just as thoughtful in return.
I laughed out loud at your quote. Isn't that the truth? :)

KathyA said...

The garden is filling out very nicely!!!

Taryn said...

That is super sweet of PopPop to do! It made me smile. :)

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

awwwwww...this makes ME happy! :)