Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, May 01, 2011

A walk and a Sunday devotional by Joyce Meyer

46 degrees and cloudy this morning during my walk today.  I walked to Font Hill Wetland Park and went around the little pond there. It makes a nice destination and a good place for a turn around for the walk back home.
I always see a lot of red winged black birds and cardinals here and I did today too.  Some geese and mallard ducks were there as well. I came across two other people walking around the pond.  It was a nice peaceful walk and I enjoyed it as usual.
Along the way I snapped a picture of this sink hole in someones front yard.
I thought it was supposed to be sunny today but so far it is staying behind the clouds.
Still it was a nice walk and a great way to start my day.
I walked 6.4 miles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Sunday
I thought I'd post another Joyce Meyer devotional this Sunday.
This one is entitled

Trust God's Ways

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 
neither are your ways my ways......
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts.
~ Isaiah 5:8-9

Did you know a lack of understanding of how God does things can wear you out?  If you don't understand His ways, you could end up fighting and resisting things, thinking they are an attack from the devil, when in reality they are an attempt by the Lord to work something good in your life.
You know God does not do bad things.  But sometimes you may fail to realize that everything that feels bad to you is not necessarily bad for you.  Reminding yourself that His ways are not your ways will help you trust Him even when your circumstances are hard to understand.
As this busy day comes to a close, just put yourself in the hands of almighty God....and rest in the knowledge that He is good and knows what's best.

And now I'm off to church.
A happy and blessed Sunday to you.
Happyone : )

7 comments:

Vee said...

Enjoy this lovely day...

What a sinkhole! Yikes.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Thank you. I just love Joyce Meyer!

Mary said...

Karen, Your blog today is something I really, really needed to hear!! I always enjoy your blog but today was special to me.

Goosey said...

I have only just discovered Joyce Meyer, I recently bought a book written by her and it is very good. Your words are encouraging.

Anita said...

Joyce is a favorite of mine.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

That is so true--much wisdom there! I have a book of Joyce Meyer's devotionals that I really like. Many changes on the horizon that "feel" like attacks--perhaps they ARE opportunities!
Have a wonderful week!
V

Happy@Home said...

As it is now evening, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your day. We had a great, but busy day and now I'm tired so I'm going to put myself in the hands of almighty God. Good advice. Thanks HappyOne and Joyce.