Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 14, 2011

New old furniture

We both woke up a bit early this morning and were out of the house a little after 6.  No rain or clouds this morning, but a nice sunny morning for my walk once sunrise came along. I walked around the lake this morning.  Saw some different people because I was a little earlier than usual. Saw mostly runners.
The heron was around again flying over the water.  I see him most days now as well as the white egret.  Heard a couple of woodpeckers but never did see them.
I took a picture of the cherry blossoms again, this time when the sun is out.  So pretty against the blue sky.
A pretty quiet uneventful walk but oh so nice.
How can a person not be happy and thankful for the gift of a brand new day when walking around the lake feeling the sunshine and being serenaded by the birds. 
I walked 6.3 miles and found two lucky pennies.
Sunrise 6:32
Sunset 7:44
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I took advantage of the sun and got a load of laundry hung up outside first thing when I got back from walking.

Put the ingredients for regular white bread in the bread machine and also made some Pumpkin Bread.  I like this recipe because it makes three loaves.  One of the loaves I'm bringing to a church thing on Saturday.  I'm sure I'll be blogging about it. : )  I'll freeze one and the third one I gave to my mom and step-dad to take home.

My parents stopped by the house for a little while this morning.  They are moving from Pennsylvania back up to New York state into a smaller house and they dropped off a few pieces of furniture for me that just won't fit in their new house.  My grandmother bought this chair, bookcase, and small table for my mother a very long time ago and now I am happy to have them.
Right now they are sitting in the garage because I haven't figured exactly where to put them yet but I'll find a place just right for each piece.
I am about to have some lunch now and then I will find places for my new old furniture.  I know I should wait for Ken to come home and help me get them up the stairs, but I'll try first on my own. 
Till next time....

Hope you found bits of happiness scattered throughout your day.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
We cannot hold a torch to light another's path
without brightening our own.
~ Ben Sweetland

9 comments:

Vee said...

Very nice pieces! I know that you'll find a wonderful place for them all. I'd love to have another bookcase (though I truly don't know where I'd put it).

Yes, the pink of the blossoms is wonderful against that pretty blue sky...

Retired Knitter said...

Wow it was good you got to see you mom and step dad before the move. I am eager to hear how this visit went when I see you.

Barb said...

That rocker is a keepsake. Who wouldn't feel happy in the sunshine, hearing birds, and seeing those cherry trees in blossom! Enjoy the bread.

Bill Chase said...

I like the new look and the Cherry blossom picture, Wow nice pieces. The sunny morn and the blossoms makes it hard not to be grateful and appreciative of Gods wonder.
I need your opinion , Could you please read my latest post and leave comment muchly appreciated

Happy@Home said...

The cherry trees against the blue sky is so pretty.
How great that the furniture will be staying in the family. Those are some great looking pieces and I know you will find the perfect place to put them.
The bread sounds very tasty.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Glad you got the items. Not so glad, hearing that you were going to try and wrestle them up stairs, by yourself. *Naughty, naughty*!

New header pic!

Gentle hugs...

KathyA said...

Today was a glorious day!!! I saw you walk out onto your deck when I drove by on my way to an appointment up the street from you.

Sue said...

Beautiful photo of the sun on the cherry trees, I am so thankful that I am able to walk outside, and you certainly get to enjoy so many things too.
Looking forward to the pumpkin recipe too.

beautiful furniture and to have something given to you by your mother is a treasure, enjoy. Thanks for the walk today.
Sue

o2bhiking said...

I love the cherry trees. We have a lot of them here but they went by a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, you should have waited for Ken to help with the furniture. That's what men do! As a female friend once told me - "You men are good for two things - lifting heavy stuff and squashing spiders."