Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another rainy walk

The rain from yesterday and last night continued on right through to morning so I had a rainy walk.  The temperature was 45 and when I started out in my rain pants and slicker it was just misting out and was like that for most of my walk.  Then about a  mile and a half from home it really started coming down.  I'm sure glad I wore my rain gear!  I stayed along the sidewalks and walked down to the end of Gray Rock and back home again. A very quiet morning.  Except for some birds all the wildlife were somewhere trying to stay dry.  Just saw a couple of people and only a handful of cars.  The rain has made everything so nice and green and once the sun decides to come out again we will appreciate the sunshine even more. 
I'm glad to be able to get out and walk, even in the rain.
I walked 6.3 miles.
Sunrise 6:20
Sunset 7:53
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Easter musical at church was very nice and once again I'm moved by the talent we have in our small church.  

Well, we didn't get the nice sunny day for the egg hunt, so it will be inside the church instead.  I'm sure it will be a great time for the kids anyway.
Ken and I were going to go over to the old house and spend some time in the yard getting it back into some reasonable looking order, but the rain put a stop to that idea.

Since Ken was home this morning when I got back from walking I made us some nice pancakes for breakfast.
Not sure what the rest of the day will bring yet but we will enjoy the time together whatever we decide. : )

Till next time.......
A Happy Day to you.
Happyone : ) 
The stone was rolled away from the door,
not to permit Christ to come out,
but to enable the disciples to go in.
~ Peter Marshall

Jesus cannot forget us;
we have been graven on the palms of his hands.
~ Lois Picillo

5 comments:

Rathi said...

It is raining there!! WOW. I could trade a day with you. It is so sunny here all the time. This morning at seven, we had such a bright sun and it kept at it till the late evening. The nights are a bit cool though. It was a great day for me today Karen. One of the girls at the school wrote a letter for me. It was such a sweet act, I was moved to tears. We also had a PTA along with the teachers and the members of our NGO. It was an overall brilliant. It is eight in the evening and so quiet.

Happy Easter.

Barb said...

Rain and snow on the way here in Denver (just snow in the the mountains) - I got my walk in before it started. Happy Easter.

Vee said...

It sure seems rainy and chilly down there. It snow showered here all day...chilly and miserable, though tomorrow should be a 60F day. How sweet that would be. Easter blessings to you!

Sue said...

I hope your weather breaks for good real soon, I enjoy a walk in the rain once in a while. But like you just so thankful to be able to go for a walk.
Wishing you a most blessed Easter Sunday.
Sue

KathyA said...

You're right about the rain making everything so lush that when the sum comes out it looks amazing!