Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 07, 2011

A Fox

Yesterday I took some soup out of the freezer for supper but when Ken came home he suggested we go to eat at PeiWei instead which was fine by me. When we arrived there I looked in the window and spotted Cheryl and Rob.  So the four of us had dinner together.   I read on her blog that they might eat at PeiWei but thought it would be for lunch so was pleasantly surprised to see them there.

I finished book number two yesterday, This Year it Will be Different, A Christmas Treasury, by Maeve Binchy.  It is a collection of short stories about Christmas which I thought was very good.

It was ice cream day last night and again I had some chocolate chip.  Ken always dishes out the ice cream.  We have special ice cream dishes that are used only for ice cream.  Just makes it a bit more special!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had a light dusting of snow over night so this morning I made footprints when I walked.  It was 24 degrees and during my walk a few times there were very light snow showers.  Hardly anyone around the lake and it was beautiful and peaceful.  On the way home, walking along the path I spotted a fox down by the water.  He didn't see me at first and he ended up walking along the water for a while as I walked very slowly along the path watching him. It was nice to be able to see him for a while, because they usually are very skittish and I just get a quick look at them. This one looked nice and healthy!  I was able to get this picture. :-)
No wind to speak of today and it was great to be outside walking.  I walked 6.5 miles.
Sunrise 7:27
Sunset 5:00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning I was in the mood for some Cream of Wheat for breakfast.  I haven't had it for quite a while and it was delicious with a little bit of maple syrup swirled on top.  I make it with skim milk instead of water.  When Ken eats it, he likes it made with water and adds salt and butter.


Got a few loads of laundry done.  Didn't even try to hang them up outside.  Most of the clothes I put in the dryer, some I hung up to dry inside. 

I took all the pictures and nails out of the walls in the kitchen in preparation for painting tomorrow.  I'm so happy to finally be painting the kitchen.  Tonight after supper we are going to go out and buy the paint.  It is a blue/gray color called Watertower.  I will post pictures.

Till next time.....
I hope today, someone made you smile.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone :-)
You've got a lot of choices.
If getting out of bed in the morning
is a chore and you're not 
smiling on a regular basis,
try another choice.
~Steven D. Woodhull

9 comments:

ale said...

Hello!!!
I´m saying good bye for a while...just going on holidays, and i don´t know if I´ll be able to connect to internet.
Did you eat chinese food?? I love it!
Well, go ahead with the kitchen, I´ll look at the pictures, it´ll sure look great after your job!
Here is sunny and hot as usual.
Bye my friend.

Anita said...

I'm glad you get to see live animals, such as the fox, on your walks. I saw a red fox the other day, on the road, not alive. I think they are beautiful animals.
I'm drying my wash in the dryer right now. No way was I going to slosh out to the line in over an inch of snow with probably mud beneath. But I step outside once in awhile and breathe in the fresh crisp air; lovely.

Helen said...

We have a fox walking around here too , I sometimes run to get the camera, but then he is too far away...
I think it`s a very cute thing to have special dishes for your ice cream :)
I am so very excited to see photos of your kitchen - good luck with the painting. I hope you will show us lots of photos.
It feels like my kitchen is taking forever - because of family stuff we do not have much energy and things are going slowly,but I am happy to see every little step and in the end I will have my dream kitchen. Right now I am happy to start this new year and move on with everything.

Barb said...

I love the end quote. My foxes are so accustomed to humans that they stop within feet of me and just stare. I think someone (not I) is giving them a handout.

Vee said...

This is a good time to get painting done. I will enjoy seeing the finished task. Although it's not your favorite task (mine either), it will be so worth it.

George said...

I've ever been able to get a picture of a fox. You did real well with this one.

Cheryl said...

We'll have to do dinner again. It was fun!

I grew up on Cream of Wheat. We always had it with butter and salt. I still love it, though hardly ever have it.

Did you paint? I can't wait to see it.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh I would LOVE to see a fox! How fun!

KathyA said...

What a nice coincidence running into Cheryl! Great fox photo. Love cream of wheat -- esp. lumpy!