Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

At home today

Another morning just like yesterday.  Temperature in the 40's, sunny and perfect for walking.  I walked around the lake, but didn't take the upper path and stayed near the water.  When I got near home I only had 5 miles on my pedometer.  Thought about going home anyway but decided I would just walk 1/2 mile up the road and then back to make 6 miles.  But once I got up to the path, I thought I might just as well walk down the path too.  It just looked too inviting.  So by the time I got home I had walked 7.3 miles.
Not very many people out today around the lake and I didn't see anyone out on the path. 
 I saw a couple of deer and took a picture of one of them. 
 This picture is the path when I walk along and the lake is just up ahead to the right.
 A pretty quiet walk today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Giving Thanks Day Number 10
I am thankful for all the beautiful colors in nature.
We live in a beautifully colored world.
Brilliant blue skies, 
white puffy clouds,
Green leaves and then colorful Fall leaves 
are beautiful against the blue sky.
Green grass,
Rainbows,
Mountains, and
Flowers of every color.
The beautifully colored birds
and fish in the sea.
Even the fruits and vegetables that we eat.
Thank you God,
For the beautifully colored world that you created for us.
:-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stayed home today and got some cleaning done around the house.  I'm a bit behind schedule this week and have just finished the upstairs.  I start cleaning the upstairs on Mondays and just work my way down through the house during the week and by Friday I'm supposed to be done with it all so on Monday I can start all over again!

The shredding basket was full so I spent some fun time shredding things up.
Not much else going on around here.  Ken is working late again but we are going to go out for pizza when he gets home.  I told him  I don't care what time I'll wait.

Still need to put the clean sheets back on the bed which have been drying outside on the line and there are some dishes to wash so I'd better go and do that. 

Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Happyone :-)
Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessing had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
~ George Herbert

2 comments:

Barb said...

Like your thankful things today! Good for you to cover over 7 miles - the path does look inviting.

KathyA said...

Your walk reminds me of a Frost poem (yes, another one!) -- "and knowing how way leads onto way..."
I did the sheets on Monday. Tuesday I painted the kitchen, and yesterday I replaced the drawer pulls and washed down all the cabinets. It's been a busy week.