Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another home day

Sunrise 7:23
Sunset 6:20
 I start walking in the dark but the sun did come up today.  Much nicer than yesterday.  I walked around the lake for a 6.3 mile walk.  My son called so we walked and talked again.  It's nice that his work break and my walk are at the same time so we can walk together.  The deer I saw today were on the path leading to the lake.  Around the lake I saw the white egret, bunnies, the heron and all the usual geese.  A lot of geese have left but there are still many who stay.
I'm seeing less people around the lake but I think that is because it is so dark in the morning and that they are just leaving later when it gets light. 
The picture I took today is near the front entrance.  I'm across the street from one of the parking lots.

Ken took another sick day off from work.  He is feeling better today but thought it best to stay home than to go to work and pass along his cold.  Thanks to you all who left get better wishes for him.  Thankfully so far I haven't gotten his cold!

I made us grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.  For quite a while now I've been making bread in the bread machine.  I go through stages making bread and then buying bread.  Anyway grilled cheese tastes really good on the home made bread.  The cheese soaks in the bread and just tastes so good.

I spent some time reading and knitting in the afternoon. 
It's been a sunny but windy day.  Another pretty quiet day around the house.

Last night we finished the last of the William and Mary series.  There was only I think 12 episodes in all and I was sorry to see it end.  It was really good and I wanted to watch more of it. 
Tonight we will watch some more of Carnival which we got from Netflix.  That is a pretty strange show, and I'm not sure yet if I like it enough to continue watching it.

Have a happy Thursday!
Happyone :-)

5 comments:

Barb said...

I, too, go through stages with the bread machine. But, now that you've written this about the grilled cheese, I have a yen for it! I'd love if I could walk and talk with my son in the early morning. Good for you!

Vee said...

Love folks who stay home when ill. They should be given three cheers and a pat on the back. I stayed in the car today while my mother went to her doc's appt. I felt quite righteous sitting out in the car in the rain. Ha!

Walking and talking with your son...I can see how that would be very pleasant.

Happy@Home said...

I also go in stages with the bread machine. I planned to make some yesterday, but I got 2 phone calls in a row and by the time I was done it was too late.
Glad to hear that Ken is feeling better. I think it's nice that he stays home until he's sure he's all better. Hope you don't catch it.
Have a great weekend.

KathyA said...

Worked out this morning and also had a boxing session. I made myself a grilled cheese today for lunch, too! Sorry Ken is still under the weather. It's smart to baby a cold, though, and also to stay away from others. I'm sure they all appreciate it, too.

Ruta M. said...

Hope you are both soon better from your colds. We've both got colds here as well. Since I got our bread machine I've not bought any bread apart from a few bagels. I usually use a 50.50 mix of wholemeal and white flour. For a treat I make fruit bread with lots of ginger and spices with dried fruit (my own recipe).