Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A rainy morning

At 6:15 my eyes popped open to a dark and rainy morning.  I almost turned over and went back to sleep but knew I would regret it if I didn't get up and walk.  It was on the cool side so I was able to wear my rain paints and slicker without getting hot.  Took along my umbrella too and I stayed nice and dry.  Walking along the street listening to the rain on the umbrella, I was glad I decided to walk.  I walked along the sidewalks and went 6 miles.  Didn't see anyone at until a mile into my walk when I saw a trio of women running.  Didn't see anyone else until I was almost home, then saw another woman walking. The only animals I saw were crows and squirrels.

Now to get started on the rest of my day. :-) 

A blessed Sunday to you. 
Enjoy your day.
Happyone  :-)

5 comments:

  1. I walked about 5 miles on trails near my house this AM - I thought of you. Leaves are turning golden here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you that you can find enjoyment in walking in the rain....its really quite calming, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet graphic... Walking in the rain is a sweet delight. Even I like it and that's saying a lot...just as long as it's not too cold of a rain. Yup, I have to have perfect weather to enjoy anything. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went to a shower up in PA -- fitting because it rained all the way up there and back! It was a day I would have liked to have stayed in bed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )