Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Not a good car day

A nice walk this morning on my connect the path route through the neighborhoods.  The sun is not up yet when I start out on my walk now but when it did rise, it was a nice cool sunny morning.  As I came to the end of one path by the school I saw a deer and her baby.  That's the only wildlife I saw except for the birds and squirrels.  Only saw a few other people out too. 
Walked my usual 6 miles.

I started out going to the commissary to get a few things.  Didn't need very many items but it was a nice day and the ride would be nice.  I am making a new recipe for supper tonight and needed the main ingredient.  My neighbor across the street pulled out of her driveway first and then I went.  We got down the end of the street and someone was sitting in their car smack in the middle of the road doing who knows what.  She tapped her horn to get the person moving,  we sat there, I blew my horn.  We sat there.  We both blew our horns and that finally got the person moving.   Farther down the road I was a few cars back in line at a red light.  The first person (not the same one) is busy doing something and she takes off at the last second it is green and the light turns red and the rest of us have to sit through the light again.  Later on I'm in the right lane turning left and the person in the left lane starts coming over in my lane.  Luckily I have room to move over onto the shoulder.  Now I'm only 2 miles from home!  Okay I think that is three incidents and things come in threes so I'm free and clear now.  I get a few miles from the base and traffic is stopped!!  We sit and slowly creep up a few feet a time with very few cars coming the other way.  I sit in this traffic for 1/2 hour and finally give up, make a U turn and just come back home.  I didn't even feel like going around and going in another gate.  That was my frustrating morning in the car.  I was not a Happyone!  But once home I'm glad to be back and think if that is the worse thing that happens today I'm pretty lucky. :-)
I was home but without the main ingredient for my new recipe tonight.  This is when its nice to live near to the Giant.  I just walked over there and picked up the stuff I needed for the new recipe.  I'll make that trip to the commissary for the other stuff another day.

Just doing a few things around the house this afternoon before I read or knit.  Then I'll make supper.  If the new recipe turns out good I'll post a picture and recipe tomorrow.

Enjoy your Wednesday and hope if you had to drive anywhere it was a pleasant trip. :-)
Happyone :-)

7 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Oh boy, sounds like a frustrating morning on the road. It seems like there are a lot of distracted drivers out there lately.
Anxious to hear how your new recipe turns out.

Vee said...

Frustrating or what?! And it's so challenging sometimes to stay calm and roll with it. I'm not at the age when I stay calm and roll with things so well. Ha!

I tried a new recipe last night that both John and I enjoyed. Had company for supper tonight and made it again and none of us liked it. I don't know what's going on!

Retired Knitter said...

Somedays nothing goes right - even if you begin the day with a walk.

And some days it does seem like all the crazies are on the road at the same time.

Barb said...

You had a bad traffic day - or an inconsiderate driver day! Glad you could shake off the frustration - at least you made it home safe and sound. But - what is the secret recipe?

Rathi said...

Oh i agree... days like these are really annoying... but i am so glad and surprised that you could kick those incidents and come back to normal mode again... that is being the Happyone... truly amazing... teach me! please :-S

KathyA said...

The title scared me a little. I'm relieved to see you didn't have an accident or breakdown. A day like that would make you want to go home and crawl back into bed!!

George said...

When I read the title I also thought you might have had an accident or a breakdown. I'm glad no physical damage was done, even though you did have a frustrating time on the road. I'm glad you were able to get the ingredients you needed at another place.