Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hair day

A warmer than yesterday morning but still not too warm to enjoy a walk around the lake.  I saw squirrels digging holes and burying acorns, a snail making its way across the path, a cute little chipmunk, a groundhog, and a deer and her baby.  There were lots of people walking and running around the lake and a few fishing boats were out on the lake too.  My son David called while he was walking too so we talked and walked together for about a mile or so. :-)  I walked 6.6 miles. 

Yesterday Ken worked late and then went out to eat with a few of his coworkers so I went for another little walk in the evening.  I stayed on the sidewalks where it was lit.  I spotted these three deer.  Just on the other side of the trees where they is a busy road and I was hoping I wouldn't scare them and have them run out in the road.  I didn't and they just stayed there and let me take their picture.

When I mentioned about using up all my photo space on blogger a few people were wondering how much space they had left and didn't know  how to find out.  For those of you don't know, Blogger stores the pictures on Picasa and you can go there and see all the pictures you have posted on Blogger.  The amount of space you have used and how much you have left are shown at the bottom of the page.  Use your Blogger password to log on.

I had a hair appointment to get my hair dyed and trimmed this morning.  I thought it was for 11:00 and thought I had plenty of time and was doing this and that.  Then at 10:05 I looked at the calendar and realized that the appointment was for 10:30.  So I hurried up a bit and made it to my appointment with 3 minutes to spare.  It was nice to see Cheryl and catch up with her.  She hasn't been blogging that much lately so I didn't know what was going on with her.

I never did eat breakfast so had breakfast for lunch when I got back home.  It's mid afternoon now and I'm off do to my exercise tape and then I'll do a few things around the house and spend the rest of the time knitting or reading. 
I think its a good night to go out for pizza once again!!  Can't go more than a week without pizza!

Hope you get to do something fun today.
Happyone :-)
All the pictures on my blog can be clicked on to enlarge them.  I only say this because some have mentioned that the pictures are small.

10 comments:

Vee said...

My daughter brought pizza last night so we had leftovers for lunch as well. I doctored them with fresh tomatoes and thin slices of onion and bit of extra sharp cheese...oh yum.

Walking must be fun when you're talking with your son who is also walking. Obviously, your good example wore off on him.

Hope that Cheryl is happily busy and that that is why she's not blogging so much.

Barb said...

I see your trees are changing rapidly. I sometimes miss the differing colors of an Eastern fall. Thanks for the tip about Picassa.

Helen said...

Both the photos are lovely. Your day sounds nice and busy :) Here we love pizza too :)

KathyA said...

Thanks, Karen. I was able to check out how much room I have left.
Glad you caught your timing mistake and had time to spare.
I washed and set my hair this afternoon after working outside for a while. It was so warm I took a long cool shower and washed my hair to cool off!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful with reflection in the lake!
I've been wondering how many more pictures I can add to Picassa and I'm in the processing of adding vacation pics to my albums. I'm glad to hear that it's only $5 a year to add more space.
I might have to do that soon.

Happy@Home said...

Good thing you remembered your hair appt. when you did so you could still get there on time.
How nice to enjoy a walk and a talk with your son at the same time.
Enjoy your pizza.

o2bhiking said...

Nice post and photos, Karen. I always love seeing wildlife when I am out and about. Usually, I see snails when they pass me when I run. Art

Rathi said...

Oh i enjoyed reading this post a lot i dont know why but i enjoyed it Karen.. when can we see ur new hair??

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Every time one goes to upload a picture, on our blog, it tells you, how much picture space you have left. I've already thought about this. And decided to make a new blog. With a very, very similar name. And leave this info, on last post, on my present blog.

Happy Full Harvest Moon, Mabon, and Autumn Equinox!

Cheryl said...

It was great seeing you, as always. I'm so glad you didn't miss your appointment! We got to catch up and it was just like old times. You're gold :))