Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 05, 2010

My Thursday

Sunrise 6:11
Sunset 8:15
This morning I took my connect the path walking route.  The weather was once again humid but a little better than yesterday.  I was a block from home, the sky was very dark in one place and the sun was shining in another, a few very large drops of rain fell and then it stopped.  Quite a few people out there walking and I saw one man walking with a baby strapped to his front and walking 2 dogs, one for each hand. 
Didn't spot much wildlife out this morning.  They all must be hiding somewhere trying to stay cool.
Just a picture I took along the way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It rained a few times today.  Again not a lot just showers in my area.  Some places had some thunder storms.  No laundry to hang up outside today but did have to iron all of Ken's work shirts.  I did that while listening to an audio book (Great Expectations). 

I cleaned, read, and did counted cross stitch this afternoon.

We met our friends Jackie and Kerry at Red Hot, and Blue for dinner.  The three of them had been there before, but it was the first time for me.  I didn't like what I ordered which was catfish.  I've had catfish before and liked it.  I ended up eating, a roll, some French Fries and some nachos.  Not a very healthy supper!

No snack for me tonight, just a diet coke.

Just want to say thanks to Ratz. :-)  She explained to me how I can get my pictures in my blog just where I want them with the New Editor.  It was a simple thing - just put the cursor where you want the picture to go, upload it and there it is.  Thanks again Ratz!!

I'm off to watch a little television, and then read.  I have lots of books to finish.  Just got a notice from the library saying one of the books I have on hold has come in.  I'm going to wait a few days before I go pick it up.  Maybe I'll have read a couple other books by then!

Hope your Thursday was a happy day for you.
Happyone :-)
One reason a dog can be such a comfort 
when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't 
try to find out why.  
~Author Unknown

4 comments:

Rathi said...

oh hello Karen, I am so glad that i could be of some help... And so so glad that you got it right... :-D

The weather here is simply infuriating... it is cloudy all the time but never rains... Argh!! I guess it has its attitude... i am so so into classics again. Watched Masfield Park couple of days back and i want to read it too....

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Wonderful that you had help from a fellow blogger, with your pic placement issue! Fellow bloggers rock, do they not? :-)

We too, have had a break in the humidity! Oh sigh, I'm so glad. This feeling like I'm having trouble breathing is getting "old." Grrrrrrr... Gonna' ask my doc, on Monday... Maybe he'll suggest something besides just plain Allegra and some cough medicine? Then I have to run every med, by my heart doc, 'cause some don't mix with my heart meds. Wheeeeeeeeeeee... Are we having fun yet? -grinnnnnnnnnn-

I will get back to walking again. I will. I will. I will. :-) Meanwhile, keep inspiring me! Please and thank you.

KathyA said...

I can't eat catfish -- they're just way too ugly! :)

We'll have to talk about the picture placement...

Happy@Home said...

Tee Hee ~ I'm with Kathy A's comment on the catfish. When I think of those whiskers, I lose my appetite.
We had a big thunder and lightning storm last night. Very loud, but the rain is very welcome.
I checked out my first audio book last week and had to return it today after only a few chapters. The narrator's voice was getting on my nerves. I did, however, bring home a Marcia Willett book from the dollar store today. Look forward to starting it later today.
Have a happy weekend.