Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

This and that

It was a humid cloudy morning when I started out on my walk. I thought about taking my umbrella but didn't feel like carrying it. I headed out on my connect the path route and walked about 2 miles when I started to feel a few sprinkles of rain. I was walking under the trees mostly though and for the most part that kept me dry. I cut my walk just a bit shorter than usual and only walked 5.5 miles. I only saw two other people out. Lots of rabbits around and I stopped to take this picture of these three deer. The one you can see pretty good but the other two are hard to see in the tall grass. The flash gave them bright eyes!The spring rain on the newly paved roads smelled so good. I love that smell!

Ken volunteered to help out at a golf tournament held by the company he works for. He was asked to drive around the photographer in a golf cart and said he would. Well it seems they can't get anyone to take the pictures so Ken volunteered me and said between the both of us we would take the pictures. I'm looking forward to driving the golf cart too! :-) This is happening next week on Friday.
We are supposed to wear khaki color pants and a white top. I have no khaki pants so we went out last night to buy some. We just got a 30% off coupon from Khols in the mail so off we went there after supper. As luck would have it the very first pair of pants I tried on fit perfectly. I also picked up a pair of capri pants the same color. Not sure if they are really capri or just long shorts. We were in and out of that store in no time!! Next stop was Weis for the ice cream which I did have for my snack last night. :-) Chocolate chip of course!

We watched Burn Notice yesterday evening as planned. A few of you have said how much you like it but neither one of us liked it at all. Nice to have such a variety of shows to pick from though so there is something for everyone! Tonight we will go back to watching Mad Men.

Commissary day for me and I just love these cute little shopping carts that have just arrived here a few weeks ago. They are great for the days when I go for the quick 20 items line. Here's my cart in the bread aisle. I took the picture here because there was no one else in the aisle. I mean who takes a picture of their shopping cart!!? :-)Driving on the base in my car most always calls for some comment from the guards (different one each time) who checks my ID. The first part of todays comment was not very original, just a "Can I borrow this some time?" Then after he looked at my ID he said, "You're the same age as my mother!! " I'm thinking gee, I'm old enough to be this mans mother!! But then he continues with, "but you sure don't seem the same age, and you're driving a Corvette!" I just smiled and drove on. :-)

Last night when I went to put my new pants away, I noticed that the cashier forgot to remove the plastic thing attached to them, supposedly so you can't leave the store without paying for them. I'm surprised bells and whistles or something didn't go off when we walked out the door. Any way I didn't want to rip the pants trying to get it off, so I stopped in at the store on my way home today and asked them to remove it. They did it with no questions asked and didn't even ask to see my receipt!

Lunch today was a strawberry sandwich and some extra strawberries. One of my favorites!!

Then I finished up the ironing I started earlier in the week. That done, I'm here on the computer. When I'm done here I'll read till Ken comes home from work.
We are going out for pizza this evening and I've been looking forward to that all day!! Then it will be time for my Bible study group which is DVD week, afterwards its home for ice cream and some television.

Hope you're Wednesday is happy.
Happyone :-)
I nod to a passing stranger,
and the stranger nods back,
and two human beings go off,
feeling a little less anonymous.
~Robert Brault

4 comments:

Vee said...

Another great quote. You mean that you had to buy your own khakis when you're doing the volunteering? ;D Sounds as if it will be a fun day!

Cheryl said...

This that and the other!

I hate when they forget to take off the security tags. I almost always look for them, but sometimes I forget.

I love stores that have the little carts. They're my favorite. I never do a lot of shopping at once, so they're perfect.

I just finished my ice cream. Wish I'd had pizza too!

KathyA said...

I, too, hate it when they don't take the tags off!
So good to see the sun today.

George said...

It sounds as if you're going to have a great time as the golf tournament photographer.
A strawberry sandwich with extra strawberries sounds like a wonderful lunch to me.