Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Enjoying Saturday

Another gorgeous spring morning for a walk. 50 degrees, no breeze and the sun was shining. I was outside walking by 6:25 and stayed walking on the sidewalk. I walked to the end of Gray Rock Rd and back home again for a 6 mile walk. A lot of people out and most were runners. A couple other walkers and some dog walkers too. This bunny stayed still for a picture.
I made us the usual Saturday morning pancakes for breakfast. While Ken did some work on his trains, I did a few things around the house and then sat on the deck and read for just a little while and I also knitted. We then went out to do a few errands. Back home mid afternoon and Ken went back downstairs and I read some more.
I have a little water feature in the living room that I had let run dry a while ago and got that cleaned up, refilled with water and got it started again. It has such a nice relaxing sound.

We went out later again in the day and I got a new battery for my pedometer but didn't get new shoes yet. The battery was free because I had a little card and if you buy four, you get the fifth one free and this was my free one. The guy even put the battery in my pedometer for me. It has the tiniest little screws that I've ever seen. The store was at the mall so while we where there we had supper in a place called DuClaw. We also walked around Books A-Million. Ken got a magazine called Mental Floss. We used to have a subscription years ago and really liked it.

On the way home we stopped to replace our stash of ice cream. Later I'm having chocolate chip on the bottom with a cookies and cream supreme topper. :-)
The next disc of Damages from Netflix came in the mail today so we will be watching that later too. We really like this series. This is disc three and the last of season one. Someone from my knitting group recommended it.

Update on my Dad:
His is still doing very well with his radiation treatments and is now half way through them. The other day when he got home, him and my mom cut down a dead tree in their yard!! They are something!!!

Happy Saturday to you. Hope it was a good one.
Happyone :-)
If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make,
who would you call and what would you say?
And why are you waiting?
~Stephen Levine

3 comments:

Rathi said...

Hi dear Karen,

WOW! They are really something. ;-)

And i loved the picture. It is so beautiful and fresh just like the spring. Nice quote as well as always.
Sleep well.

KathyA said...

Great news about your dad!
Yesterday morning was a perfect walking day -- today not so much -- a little warm and humid, but I bet that wouldn't stop you!
And the bunnies are cute as long as they're not in my yard!

Kerri Farley said...

So glad your Dad is doing well!