Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A bird stopped by

This nice sunny day started out cool but it warmed up nicely and was a perfect spring day. I spent the morning in the house doing those things that have to be done.
Part of the afternoon I sat outside on the deck. As I was sitting there knitting I noticed that some sparrows had arrived at the bird feeder. It was the first time I've actually seen birds at the feeder. I went inside to get my camera and waited patiently for a while. It paid off because I was able to get a picture. It is only a sparrow and I know there are many of them around but it was still nice to get a picture of one at my feeder.

Ken didn't know what time he would be getting home tonight so I made a small Baked Ziti for my supper and when he gets home it's easy to heat up for him.

I just got finished watching Jeopardy and now I'll go and read until Ken gets home. Oz from Netflix came in the mail today so we will watch that later tonight.
I'm going to eat cookies for my snack. :-)

I hope your Thursday was a happy one.
Happyone:-)
Butterflies are self propelled flowers.
~R.H. Heinlein

8 comments:

KathyA said...

The ziti looks quite good. I love watching the birds at our feeders, too.

karen said...

I want some Ziti it looks great. I had to take our feeder down. The squrrels ate on it all day and it about broke me . So now I just toss a cup out in the morning and evening. The squrrels still get some but just not all.

Happy@Home said...

Hooray for your first bird. Your feeder is so cute. I'll bet you will start to see more once that sparrow passes the word along to his friends :).
Your ziti looks scrumptious.

Goosey said...

Sparrows are on the decline here in the UK but we have plenty of them in our garden! Nice to see a bird on a new feeder and shows it's accepted doesn't it.

Rathi said...

HI Dear Karen,

I love sparrows too.... There are a few that visit my house everyday.... And i love their chirping every morning.....

This picture is beautiful.....

Craver Vii said...

That is a cute sparrow. They have a sweet and comforting song, don't they? Thanks for letting me know about this one, since I usually visit your other blog (snapshotsbyhappyone).

dot said...

Glad you had a bird visitor. They are such fun to watch.
That ziti looks wonderful. Wish I had a plateful right now.

Kerri Farley said...

The Ziti looks fab!
To get some different birds at your feeder you could try putting out some peanuts. If you buy the unshelled ones make sure they are not salted. That should definitely get you some bluejays!
Titmice and chickades also like peanuts - but normally shelled ones :)