Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A nice warm day

This morning was the warmest one yet with a temperature of 40 degrees. It was a sunny morning as I walked along the neighborhood paths. I saw quite a few people out and they all had smiles today. There were 8 kids out riding their bikes to school and 3 of them even said good morning to me! and two people stopped for me to cross the street in the crosswalk! I saw and heard the beautiful colored Blue Jays, Robins, and Cardinals. Spring is in the air. :-)
I walked 6.3 miles.
Sunrise 6:25
Sunset 6:10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today my car is 8 years old. 8 years ago today I was driving it home from Kerbeck's (the dealer) in NJ in the pouring rain.

I haven't made bread in a while and Kenny has been having a yearning for toast with homemade bread so I put the ingredients in the bread machine and made a loaf. The house smelled wonderful.

For a while in the afternoon before the clouds rolled in, it was sunny and warm. So nice that I sat out on the deck out back and knitted. Once the sun went away it was a bit chilly for sitting outside, but it sure was nice to be able to sit on the deck again, if only for a little while. :-)

After supper we did a few errands and then came home to watch a little television. I had a few cookies for my snack but Ken wanted some of the homemade bread so he made toast.
I knitted while watching television.

Did you have a good Thursday? I hope so!!
Happyone :-)
The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible.
~Judith Regan

5 comments:

Rathi said...

Hi Dear Karen,

Hey congrats on that anniversary... 8 yrs is sure a lot of time... really good to know that and yes, your post does bring out the colours of spring...

Happy@Home said...

Happy Birthday to your car.
Your walk sounds like a very pleasant one and sitting out on the deck sounds great too. We had a rainy day here.
I love the smell of bread baking. I think I may need to dig out my bread machine this weekend.

George said...

Warm weather is certainly a wonderful blessing. We've had a couple of sunny, warm days although it is raining right now. Santa brought us a bread maker for Christmas and I agree that the smell is wonderful when making bread.

Vee said...

Now that's a true quote. Must share it with Nan. The snow is going fast now! I only have a little dab on the front lawn and a bit on the side from the plow. I'll be glad to see it gone. Have you ever made Paska? I know that your honey would love it!

Barb said...

I like the gold-hued photo and the way the path leads into the trees.