Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Turkey

It was warmer than it is supposed to be for this time of the year this morning but it was cloudy so I didn't get to see the sun come up. Today my walk was along some of the paths and also along some streets around the neighborhoods. I took a picture of these two Standard Poodles. The second one is hard to see but he is there by the fence.
I see these two most mornings if my walk takes me by this way. They always give me a little good morning bark. :-)
My pedometer reading for today's walk says I took 12,576 steps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With shopping list in hand I left to go to the commissary. I took my time going up and down all the aisles. I actually enjoy doing the shopping. There was hardly anyone there so there were no lines to wait on. I picked out "the turkey" for Thanksgiving today and here it is. Its 10 1/2 lbs. Not a very big one because it will just be Ken and I and my parents. But it will be a happy day and I am really looking forward to cooking a turkey this year with all the trimmings. My mom will be bringing her famous oh so good apple pie. :-)

I finished reading Run For Your Life by James Patterson. I haven't been that crazy about his latest few books but this one was a good one again!!
NYPD Detective Michael Bennet is after The Teacher who is a serial killer.
Back at home Bennet's 10 kids are sick with the flu.
I can't imagine having 10 kids let alone having them all sick!!

I just ripped out the baby blanket that I started last week. I keep doing something wrong and then I think I fix it and the same thing happens again in another couple of rows. I think there might be some mistake in the directions. Anyway it has ceased to be fun so I'm not going to make that one after all.

Tonight I'll knit on my ripple afghan and watch a little television. It's still a bit early to watch TV so I'll read some blogs and then start my next book.

I hope you had a happy Tuesday.
Karen :-)
Birds have bills too,
and they keep on singing.

7 comments:

Mary said...

No fun to frog your work. Been there done that.

Your plans for Thanksgiving make me happy.

Lindy said...

Sounds like you're ahead of the game for planning your thanksgiving dinner.

Sorry to hear of your headaches with the baby blanket. I don't knit, but I've had plenty of experience ripping out counted cross-stitch work! NOT fun!

Hope you have a nice evening. :D

karen said...

The turkey looks like a good one. I have to wait till the week of Thanksgiving to get mine. I sold our extra freezer so no room for one.
Walking over 12ooo steps is great. I never make it to 10 I used to but no more. Getting lazy I guess.

Karen said...

You're a walking inspiration! You make it sound fun!

Kerri Farley said...

Sounds like a Wonderful Thanksgiving coming up!

George said...

I think we're going to pick up our turkey when we go to the store this morning. Your Mom's apple pie sounds delicious.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Karen
That is a nice plump turkey! I'm still not sure yet what I'll be doing for tahnksgiving ..most likely I'll be making the dinner but on a small scale this year.

I've been nusing a sore foot as I may have a stress fracture..not fun for soemone who loves to walk, as I'm sure you can appreciate! I had an MRI and find out for sure soon. It means I have to keep my foot elevated ao blog hopping and typing is limited.
It's helping me catch up with reading..I'm adding that Patterson book to my library list ..thanks!