Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Happy Day

This morning was colder than yesterday. I wore several layers and was nice and warm. I saw people out warming their cars up and scraping a thin layer of ice off the windshields. I walked around the neighborhoods on the sidewalks and on the paths. I saw a handful of people out walking dogs and a couple of runners.
By the time I got home I had taken 12,455 steps.
Frost on the grass along a path.A couple of chairs among the leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenny and I went out and about and did a few errands. We went AC Moore which is another craft store. Looked around but didn't buy anything. I like Michaels and Joanne's better - more of a selection of different items.
We stopped in at the library just to drop off a book and I can't believe I came out of there with yet another book!! I just might make that 75 book goal after all for this year!
It was nice just doing ordinary things with Kenny. :-)

I spent the last part of the afternoon trying to fix a mistake I made in the baby blanket that I'm knitting with the cable pattern. It was frustrating because when I came to the end of a row I didn't have enough stitches and I couldn't figure out WHERE I made the mistake. I felt so good when I finally figured it out and fixed it. :-) It was very time consuming!!

I got a little reading in, had left over pizza for supper from yesterday, watched an episode of Fringe and A Touch of Frost from Netflix, knitted on the ripple afghan and now I'm off to read until bedtime.

It was a beautiful Fall day - the kind that you imagine Fall should be. Cool, crisp and sunny. I hope your day was a beautiful one as well.
Karen :-)
Circumstances never create character;
they merely reveal it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are good with you. I'm doing a bit of catching up here. I'll call you about maybe seeing you tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frost looks so pretty! Your shadow in there is neat as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )