Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Starting a jigsaw puzzle

I walked my connect a route this morning and was glad to see the deer again. I saw one standing smack in the middle of a garden in a back yard. Those people will not be happy!

Ken made me another clothes line for the deck. Now I have three which is plenty for two large loads of clothes. Now I won't have to wait for a load to dry before hanging out another. Thanks Kenny! :-)

We started a jigsaw puzzle of a pile of cars we bought while we were on holiday. Its 1000 pieces and it came with a black cloth to put the puzzle on so you can roll it up and move it off the table. I will just leave it on the table though until its done. It shouldn't take all that long. I think I'm going to glue it together when its done and hang it up either downstairs or in the garage.

During the day I did a little knitting on the ripple afghan and also on a white square.

We went out for pizza for supper and when we got back home I sat out on the deck while Ken washed his car.
Took this picture off my deck. Someone was getting rain but it wasn't us. I could hear thunder.

Watched a couple episodes of Seinfeld while eating ice cream and now I'm going to read for a while.

I hope you had a happy Tuesday.
Happyone :-)
Our days are identical suitcases, all the same size,
but some people can pack more into them than others.

10 comments:

George said...

The box illustration indicates that the finished puzzle will make a very interesting wall hanging. You are much quicker about getting puzzles put together than I am.

Kerri Farley said...

That puzzle looks like fun! I haven't done one in ages.

Lindy said...

I love putting together jigsaw puzzles. That's a cool idea about the roll-up cloth.

You must have a lenient homeowner's association (which is good) to let you have clotheslines up on your deck. That's a big no-no for us at our house in Arizona. We resolved that issue by putting one up inside our garage. In the summer, our clothes dry in about 15 minutes with the garage door closed!

happyone said...

Lindy, we are not allowed to put clothes lines up either but my husband made these for me. :-)

Vee said...

Ayuh, and that would be you! You pack more into a day than most that's for sure. That puzzle looks very difficult. It must be hot outside since you're working on an indoor project. Have fun with it!

Vee said...

Oh, forgot to say in response to your comment about comments...Mondays are always like that at my blog. I get the most visitors and the most comments that day. I think I must be on a lot of folks' Monday schedule.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Puzzle comes with a cloth, to roll it up. Great idea, if it's needed.

Mmmm, seeing deer. I'm sorry but even though they are beautiful creatures, I can never forget their link to Ticks. -le sigh-

Oh and if you ever "bottle" your enthusiasm for walking, I'll buy the first 100 "bottles." :-) I need to walk, for health. I need to convince myself, to do so, daily. I fail. -sighhhhh-

And I know, it's all in my hands. Both the failing. And the doing... I know... I know...

Aunt Amelia

Judy said...

I'm just catching up...and see you were posting from the road as you travelled. It looks like you had a wonderful vacation....and how fun to meet Vee in person. I'm not sure I'll ever get to Maine...but it looks like a little treasure out there on the east coast.

I like your 'suitcase quote'...so true! I wish I could pack more into each day.

Happy@Home said...

Your new puzzle looks perfect for you 2 car lovers. I like the idea of the black cloth that was included.

I like your quote today. So true!!

KathyA said...

The puzzle is awesome!!! So is the picture of the thunderhead!
Still in Cali! Enjoying this perfect weather.