Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A new walking route "The Pond."

Yesterday I walked around a new neighborhood that I haven't walk before. Today I went back to that same neighborhood and found a pond to walk around. Here is my walk in pictures and a few words.
I walked straight down the road where I live.
Passed up the one entrance path that I usually take to walk to the lake and passed up the second entrance too. Took this picture of a new skate park in the distance that was built not too long ago and where my grandson Antonio likes to skate.
Turned in here and kept to the left.
Kept walking down the road
until I came to here to the start of the path around the pond.
It is 2 1/2 miles from my door to here. The path around the pond is one mile. This entire surface of this little pond by the beginning of the path to the pond as you can see is covered in algae. I heard a few frogs croaking.
These next pictures I took walking on the path to and around the pond.
This last picture is at the completion of the path around the pond.
I walked back home again for a 6 mile walk. It took me 1 hour and 34 minutes and I took 12,462 steps. Since it was early Sunday morning, I had the whole walk around the pond to myself. It was such a great place to walk and one that I plan to walk many times. :-) I'll call this route "The Pond". I feel so lucky to have so many great places to walk. Happyone :-)

8 comments:

Vee said...

You certainly are blessed with all the walking paths. They beat the cemetery any day! Lovely little pond, too.

KathyA said...

We are certainly blessed to have all these wetland areas around us.

Golden To Silver Val said...

The pond is so pretty and peaceful looking. Thank you for sharing!

George said...

This looks like a great path to walk. You're fortunate to have so many options.

Ann said...

That was a nice walk, the pond looks fabelous, so calm and peaceful looking.

Happy@Home said...

The Pond looks like a very peaceful and pretty route to take your walk on. Thanks for sharing it. I enjoyed seeing more of your area.

Michele said...

Oh boy! You really do have some neat places to investigate. Make sure those batteries are always fully charged in that camera!

Kerri Farley said...

Great new waling area! LOVE those benches!