Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Home again

We got home yesterday around 6:00. It was great to be away on vacation but it's always nice to come home again. :-)

I brought Pillars of the Earth to read and two different knitting projects with me this past week and I never even picked up the book or did any knitting. I don't know why I brother bringing stuff to do because I never have the time to do it. :-) I guess it's good to have it along just in case!!

I got back to my usual walk this morning and walked 6 miles on the paths around the neighborhoods.
I have laundry hanging on the line this morning and we had our usual Sunday morning pancake breakfast. Don't know yet what we'll do this afternoon.
I do know that I have lots of blog reading to catch up on. It may take a while because blogger reader is telling me I have 120 posts to read!!!

Enjoy your Sunday.
Happyone :-)
The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is always nice to come home :)
Your new profile photo is very nice, you look beautiful :)

happyone said...

Thanks Helen, what a nice thing to say! :-)

George said...

Welcome home. I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes more on vacation than I get to. But I hope you had a great vacation.