Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A day with a friend

I had such a nice time today with my friend Nola. She is another walker and we met while walking where I used to live. She is also the one I made a ripple afghan for. Since I have moved we have been trying to get together and this was the day. I finally got to give her the afghan. She certainly was surprised and nearly cried.
Nola came over the house a little before 11:00. She got the house tour which took a little over an hour because we stopped so many times to talk!!
After the house tour we walked up the street to LeeLynn's and had lunch. She had chicken and I had the crispy eggplant. I love everything I eat there. We stayed there about 1 1/2 hours just talking and catching up. Back to the house again for a little while and then she left for home.

I left then to pick up my granddaughter Taryn and took her to work. As we were driving down the road we spotted her brother Antonio with a few of his friends and gave them a toot and a wave as we drove by.

After dropping Taryn off, I went over to the old house to get the mail and check things out. I really need to get over there and mow the lawn again. Earlier I had told Nola I would be in town and for her to stop by if she wanted to look through some books I have there and that she could have any that she wanted. Nola came over and picked out a bagful. You would think we would have been all talked but that wasn't the case and we must have talked for another hour. When Nola walked home I left for home too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had the bird bath and feeder out on the deck out back and now that the birds have arrived they make such a mess - seeds all over the deck and I didn't want them around when I have my clothes hanging out. So I put them both out in the front. I can sit on my front stoop and watch the birds there. Hopefully I'll get a few pictures.
The chicks and hens that I have in the strawberry pots are really doing well!! I think those things will grow anywhere!!

Well, it's just about 8:00 and time for my snack and a couple episodes of Fraiser. I'm thinking tonight it will be 4 chocolate chip cookies. I'll probably knit on the blue ripple afghan. I was going to keep this one for myself but I know someone who really likes blue and I'm making it for her. It's someone who reads my blog so I can't say who it's for yet. Maybe it's you! :-)

I hope whatever you did today that you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed mine.
Happyone :-)
Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

2 comments:

  1. That strawberry pot looks beautiful. They are lovely plants. sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right -- chicks and hens WILL grow just about everywhere. We use them in the yard where we can't get anything else to grow.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )