Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A misty morning


walk but there was no question of not walking. I just wore my regular walking clothes and didn't bring an umbrella because there was just a mist in the air. I got a little damp but it was no big deal. I saw a few people out walking dogs and that was about it. I walked my connect a path route.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was looking out the window this morning and spotted the heron flying by again. I've seen that a few times now and get such a kick out of seeing that. The heron is so graceful when it flies!

Pretty noisy around the townhouses today. There was a whole parade of cement trucks lined up waiting their turn to pour their cement. This whole process of building so many units at one time is really something to watch. It's like building houses on an assembly line.

I should have cleaned today but ended up reading and knitting again and spending too much time on the computer!! :-)

It's a little after 5:00 and I have no idea what to make for supper. When Ken leaves work on time he gets home at 4:30 though that doesn't happen much anymore. He's not home yet and hasn't called yet either so perhaps it will be another eating out day. Ah, Ken just called now as I'm typing this to say he would be leaving work in the next few minutes. I have to make the decision to cook or go out - I think going out sounds better than cooking! :-)

A happy day to you all.
Happyone :-)

3 comments:

KathyA said...

It was really misty today -- at least this morning. While you were walking I was traveling the Beltway -- would rather have been walking. I'm glad I don't have to make that trip every day.
The herons have a roost just off of 175 and 29. There must be 30 nests -- all very distinguishable. I had always thought they were ground nesters, but they're not -- learned this from my friendly librarian!

Vee said...

Yes, going out sounds ever so much better... Let us know what you had. ;D

You've got grit to walk in all kinds of weather.

Cheryl said...

You do have grit! I wonder if you can see the nests Kathy mentioned. I'd love to see them. I love herons.