Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 11, 2009

I enjoyed my

Mother's Day yesterday. Debbi came by right after breakfast to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and while she was here David happened to call with the same wish. So I got to have them both "with" me. :-) I am lucky to have such great kids. Now that they are grown, it is wonderful to have them as friends too.

Great weather this weekend though a bit windy and we got to sit out on the deck and enjoy the weather.

This morning I went over to the old house again and finished the weeding and raking. I didn't feel like going there but I'm glad I did!! Tomorrow is recycling day and I put all the yard waste out at the curb.

I went through more of my books and I'm getting rid of a lot more of them. I'm not going to buy any more books. With such good libraries around here I just don't feel the need to keep so many any more. I am even thinking of selling my Bobbsey Twins and Nancy Drew collections. It was fun collecting them all but now that I have all of them I think it's time to sell them.

Work continues across the street on the townhouses. Today four units got the cement slabs poured. It's great entertainment watching them being built.

We have just finished eating dinner, Ken has gone out with a friend and I'm about to go and read for a while. Then maybe go and work on my cross stitch which I haven't worked on in a couple of days.
I'm going to wait until Ken comes home to have my snack and watch an episode of House of Eliott. If I have my snack before he gets home, I know I'll wish I had waited when he's eating his. :-)

Hope you had a sunshine filled day with lots to smile about.
Happyone :-)

7 comments:

Vee said...

You certainly are decluttering if you're thinking of selling your collections. I still have mine, but they were my mom's. That's a bit different. Don't think that I've not been tempted a time or two!

Happy@Home said...

Glad to hear that you had a good Mother's Day. How nice of both of your kids to visit and call you.

It must feel good to have the yard work at the old house done. Now if you could figure out how to keep the grass from growing again...

I understand your feelings on the books. I have been thinking along those lines lately too. As much as I like books, I shudder to think of the next time we move. I'm thinking of slowly weeding through them.

Goosey said...

Sounds like good plans, I have just finished watching the House of Elliot series and really enjoyed it. Your mothers day in the USA is at a different time to us, we had it back in March, glad you had a good time with the family.
Are you keeping the other house or will you sell it? I remember we had to look afetr my Mum in laws house for a year while we tried to sell it...her garden looked good as we kept it tidy but ours went to pot!

happyone said...

Goosey - We are nearing the end of the series and have really enjoyed it too. I'm wondering if Bea and Jack will get back together.
We are planning on selling the old house. Just have to do some cosmetic repairs yet. Hopefully we will have it ready some time next month. It's just so hard to get motivated!

KathyA said...

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. It IS nice having adult children with whom one can be friends, isn't it?

George said...

It sounds as if you had a good day on Monday as well as on Mother's Day. I'm impressed that you can get yard waste picked up with recyclables. We have to take yard waste to the compost center -- I suspect too much ends up in the garbage.

Cheryl said...

I like what you have written above the comment box. Hello my friend. I wanted to stop by and say hello. I hope it makes you happy. Glad you had a good day :)

I'm at work, wishing I was outside in sun. Soon I'll be on my porch. Life is good.