Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Eggs

A rainy start to this Saturday but I walked anyway. It was nice hearing the rain on my umbrella. Today's pancake breakfast had strawberries and whipped cream to go along with them. Ah, it's almost like eating strawberry shortcake for breakfast. How can your day go wrong when it starts out like that. :-) Had to go to the credit union and get a little problem straightened out - which we did with no problem. Next was a stop at the library - we seem to have gotten in a routine of going there every Saturday. I got a magazine out about Maryland and a book on CD. I'm going to give that another try. I've tried a couple of other times to listen to a book and didn't like it - I don't know what makes me think I'm going to like it this time. No books out today because I already have 4 of them out - three of which I am reading now. Back home in the afternoon to do some computer work and a few things around the house. After supper we went to Giant and got eggs and food coloring to color Easter Eggs. When the kids were little we would color eggs on Saturday evening. We would hide the eggs around the house and Easter morning have an egg hunt. The kids used to really look forward to it. Then one year when they were older neither one of them wanted to stay home and color the eggs so we didn't do it that year and that was the end of the Easter Egg Hunt at our house. :-( I think this is the first time we have colored eggs since then. Here's our handiwork. :-)We won't be hiding these eggs but I will be making egg salad tomorrow. Not my favorite food but Ken likes it. This day ended with the promised sunshine. I hope you had sunshine in your world too. Happyone :-)

5 comments:

KathyA said...

I was just thinking that this is one of the first times I can ever remember not putting together an Easter basket for one of the kids or grand kids. Too bad you and Ken can't have your own egg hunt!

Cheryl said...

I caught up on your blog tonight. I've gotten so behind! This is the first year I haven't put together a basket either. What are your Easter plans?

o2bhiking said...

Very nice! The eggs are so pretty.

George said...

I remember feeling a little sad when our kids thought they were too 'grown up' to color Easter eggs and have Easter Egg hunts. Thank heaven for grandchildren!

Shari said...

I love coloring easer eggs. i haven't been so consistant the past few years because of tiny ones, but we got to do it the last 2 years. poor giddy can't be involved yet. LOL.