Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lunch with Debbi

My daughter Debbi came over at lunch time and we walked up the road to LeeLynn's and had lunch. We had a nice time as we always do when we get together. It is so nice to have a grown up daughter. Like most mothers and daughters we have had times when she was growing up that we didn't always get along so well. Now that she is an adult I really feel like I have a good friend who will always be there for me. Even if she wasn't my daughter she would still be my friend.
Thanks Debbi for being you.
I love you! :-)

The rest of my day was just spent at home doing stuff around the house. When Ken came home from work we went over the old house to pick up the mail and drop the wheels off. He will put my new tires on the car this weekend.
Yesterday my car was 7 years old. Ken tells me it's time to trade her in on a new one. I say not yet!! Maybe when the new generation of C7's come out I'll think about it.

Hope your Thursday was a HappyOne! :-)

8 comments:

Helen said...

How wonderful you have this great friendship with your daughter.
I wish u a nice weekend :)

Kerri Farley said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with your daughter! I feel the same way about my Mom!

dot said...

Daughters are the greatest. I know because I have one!!

Your header picture is so pretty.

Vee said...

You describe a wonderful, easy relationship with your daughter. You're both amazing women!

So you must wait a bit longer for your car...hmmm, you'll probably take off on Monday and not be back until Thursday. ;>

Anonymous said...

I love you too Mom, you are the BEST! :-)
~Debbi

KathyA said...

So sweet!

Brad said...

I'm glad to have my mom as a friend. I'm sure Debbie feels the same way.

I would have taken Ken up on his offer! But I know you really like that car. In your own time then.

Goosey said...

I agree about the daughter thing...much better when they leave the teenage years behind! Then they become a friend.