Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Time for Everything

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
There is an appointed time for everything.
And there is a time for every event under heaven.

A time to give birth,
and a time to die.
A time to plant,
and a time to uproot what is planted.

A time to kill,
and a time to heal;
A time to tear down,
and a time to build up.

A time to weep,
and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
and a time to dance.

A time to throw stones,
and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
and a time to shun from embracing.

A time to search,
and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep,
and a time to throw away.

A time to tear apart,
and a time to sew together,
A time to be silent,
and a time to speak.

A time to love,
and a time to hate;
A time for war, and a time for PEACE.


Take some time today to thank God for all your blessings and then take some time to enjoy them. May you all have a blessed Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's excellent advice...count your blessings and take time to enjoy them. I haven't heard it put quite that way before. You have a wonderful day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful passage -- it's one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing it and reminding us of the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wise words, I`ll remember to be thankful today.

    Yes I bought the rug at Ikea (I think I bought 5 of them because the prize was very low)and the flower pot is also from Ikea.
    I love Ikea.
    Wish you a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )