Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 29, 2008

Ian

Yesterday we spent some time browsing around at Daedalus Books. You can really get some good bargains there. I like to look around there too because I find some real good books that are written by authors that aren't the most popular. Their books haven't made the best sellers list and I don't think I would come across these books if not for Daedalus. I bought 5 books including a cookbook (soon I'll have that new kitchen to make these new recipes in). Kenny got 3 books and the total for all 8 books was $45!! I would say that is pretty good! There were quite a few people in the store and we all got to know Ian. Ian was a little boy about 6 or 7 there with his mom. He roamed all around the store and every time he did something that his mom didn't want him to do, she would say to him in a LOUD voice Ian come here, Ian come here now, One, Two, Three. Ian would then saunter over to her only to leave again in a couple of minutes and the whole thing would start all over again. It was most annoying. After we paid for our books and started to leave there was Ian playing right in front of the door. When Kenny said Ian, we are leaving now get out of the way. Ian looked up, surprised that Kenny knew his name and I left the store laughing! Today was a Meals on Wheels day for me and I had 6 of my people. All seemed well and happy. My other two people were off today but I dont' know why. The construction work is still being done on Mrs. W's street and I had barely enough room to drive through. My car gets dirty every time I go there. I think I may have to drive the FJ next time. Before coming home I stopped at Cheryl's place of employment and made an appointment for her to cut my hair. My silver/gray roots are pretty long now and something needs to be done. Hey Cheryl - it looks like I'll be your first client Saturday morning. I have an early appointment at 8:00!! :-) I've knitted a few scarves and thought I'd post a picture of them. This is a good place to keep track of what I'm making. I have a lot of the day left so I have time to do my exercise tape, iron, read and who knows what else. Enjoy this Monday (a short week again) and make it a Happy One.

11 comments:

Vee said...

Your "Ian" story has me chuckling. A few days ago, we were eating out when a little girl began raising a ruckus. Her mother was saying, "Jessie, that's a perfectly delicious meal" or "Jessie, you like hamburgers!" I thought that the little girl was seven or so, but turns out that she was about two just seated on a booster seat. Needless to say, it was difficult to carry on a conversation.

The scarves are very nice. Are they for next Christmas?

Mary said...

Poor Ian. He'll grow up not understanding the need to mind rules and pay the penalty. This One, Two, Three method is questionable at best.

I really like the scarves. It's almost never cold enough for them here but sometimes I wear one anyway.

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see the new you! We'll take pictures :))

George said...

You certainly keep busy! I'm glad you found a good book store. They are becoming harder to find in this part of the country.

Helen said...

You make nice scarfs :)
You counter shows you are soon moving, how exciting!
I wish you a HAPPY new year!

happyone said...

vee - No, one of these was a Christmas present for this year. :-)

Vee said...

I fixed it! LOL! See what I mean? I can't remember a thing...major CRS...can't remember stuff.

Jan said...

Pretty, pretty scarves! I used to knit and crochet...so long ago! I knitted a scarf for a Home Ec project when I was 13. *sigh* There was a pattern at each end of the scarf and when I was finished the pattern at one end was completely different than the pattern at the other end! I think I got a B! LOL!
Have a great day!

o2bhiking said...

Ian - LOL!

Your scarves are so pretty, the purple and white one would be a great Team in Training one. We call ourselves the "Purple People".

Happy New Year, upcoming. Sounds like you will have a new home for the New Year, HappyOne. Enjoy! Art

Brad said...

That last scarf blends so well with the table top I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Beutifull work, as always.

I wonder how much hair your going to let Cheryl take off? short ?

dot said...

The scarf is beautiful. I love the colors.
I had a good laugh at the Ian story.