Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Final episode

We are back to cloudy dreary days with rain. I just turn on all the lights and pretend it's the sun shining in. :-) Last night we watched a documentary from Netflix called A life Without Pain. It's about three children, a 3 year old from the US, a 7 year old from Norway, and a 10 year old from Germany who have Congenital Insensitivity to Pain. You would think not having pain would be a good thing but feeling pain is a good thing at times. It keeps us safe and makes us cautious. These kids who have no pain also have no fear of getting hurt. The older the kids get the better it is for them because they can understand their condition better. A look into the lives of these three families will give you a whole different outlook about pain. I thought the show was very good.
I had some apples that have been sitting around not being eaten so I decided to make a dessert with them. I made Apple Crumble. It is simple and quick to make and tastes delicious. Add some ice cream or whipped cream and it gets even better!
We watched the final episode of Six Feet Under this evening. Though I found the series depressing this final episode was the best final episode I've ever seen! I've started knitting a scarf using the ripple pattern that I make the afghans with. It's two shades of purple and white. My pedometer has been giving me trouble for a while now and a few days ago I ordered a new one and it came in the mail today. It is the same model I've been using for about 10 years now. My Dad gave me my first one for Christmas one year and I've had one ever since. Every day little things happen to us that make us smile. One of those little things today for me was drinking a Diet Mt Dew that Kenny brought home for me. :-) I hope your Tuesday was a Happy One!

6 comments:

George said...

I remember my Mom's Apple Crumble from when I was growing up. Warm Apple Crumble and vanilla ice cream is about as good as it gets!

KathyA said...

Love apple desserts! You have my phone #?

bonnie said...

Your title scared me! I thought maybe you were signing out again. Not that I have room to talk (absentee blogger should be my new name). Would you recommend watching just the final episode. I watched the pilot twice, but none of the rest.

happyone said...

Bonnie - if you haven't seen the whole series I don't think you would like the last episode. It tells how all the main characters end up dying, in a unique way.

Vee said...

Don't you love the fun little surprises that a hubby brings home with him? It reminds me to do better to bring him home a surprise.

Of course you'd need a good pedometer!

Your cake looks fantastic. Thanks for the recipe link!

Cheryl said...

I was worried about your title too. I scrolled down to the end to make sure you weren't saying good-bye. Then I read the rest.