Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lunch at Ram's Head

I walked in the rain this morning but I love walking in the rain. Love to hear the rain drops on the leaves as I walk along my paths. A sad thing along my walk today. Just as I was walking under I95 on the wooden foot bridge along the path I saw an injured deer lying next to the bridge and it couldn't get up. At first I though it was stuck under the bridge but that was not the case. Even though I couldn't see any injury I think it must have gotten hit by a car on 95 and it fell down the embankment and landed by the bridge. It was so sad to see it terrified and trying so hard to get back up on his feet. I walked back to the park to tell George and Tom. George was there today and said he would take care of it. I was going to take a picture of the deer but thought it would just be too sad. On a happier note I met fellow bloggers Cheryl, Bonnie and Kathy for lunch over at the Ram's Head at the mill. As most of you know I've met Cheryl and Bonnie a bunch of times before and today Bonnie and I met Kathy for the first time. Kathy is a fun person who likes to talk and laugh and it was so nice to meet and her today. We had a great time eating, talking and laughing and I'm sure we will do this many times again in the future. I was the odd one out having a Reuben sandwich for lunch while the three of them had the famous Fish tacos that Cheryl talks about. Before and after lunch I went to the stamp store and bought a couple of stamps and an ink pad. I'm going to make my Christmas cards this year. I don't know how many I'll actually make but it will be fun to make some of them. It's been raining all day and now it's foggy as well. Ken is out tonight at his glass class and has to drive in the fog. I'll feel better when he's back home. Nate, the builder from the townhouse called and left a message on the answering machine. He was very nice and said he got the letter and he knows about the transom window above the front door. He said not to worry, it WILL be taken care of. That was good news and we are happy. :-) I hope today you have laughed, made a new friend and heard some good news too. :-)

5 comments:

Happy@Home said...

We had a rainy day here today too.
That is so sad about that poor deer.

Nice that you could get together with some other bloggers and have a fun lunch.

KathyA said...

I had such a wonderful time today. Next time I'll get the reuben!

Jan said...

Sounds like you have a great time with your blogger friends!
Oh, that poor deer! I wouldn't have taken a picture either. Too sad!

Cheryl said...

Good news on the transom. I know you were worried about it.

I didn't make a new friend, get good news or laugh today, but I hope you did! It was a little stressful, but still good. Good clients, and busy. I got to see Bonnie when she came into the salon with Steve. I got to talk to a lot of people. I was dry and out of the gloomy day. And it's Friday! The day before my latte day.

Hope your weekend is good. Any plans?

Kerri Farley said...

How fun to meet your friends for lunch!! And glad that the window will be taken care of for you!!