Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy days are back again

This past week has not been one of my favorite weeks of all time!! But that week has passed and once again things are back to normal and I feel back to being Happyone again. :-) This morning the weather was perfect for talking a walk and I walked 6.9 miles in beautiful sunshine with temperatures in the mid 50's. That is my ideal walking weather!! I saw many deer this morning and a few bunny rabbits.
Yesterday morning I took this picture of the morning moon.
I should have spent today working out in the yard, instead I gave my car a wash - both the outside and the inside. She is once again shining and beautiful!! I love having a nice clean car!! I made some Wesh Cookies this afternoon. I am always surprised that I like these cookies so much because they are not very sweet. I have always thought fencing looked really cool and have always wanted to try it. I went on line earlier and found a place very near my house (3 miles) where they give lessons and I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up for some. A class just started a couple of weeks ago but another one starts October 27th. I don't know if I'll be any good at it but I think it would be really fun to try. You don't have to buy anything for the beginners class except your own gloves. All the other equipment they provide. If you move on to the more advanced classes you have to have your own stuff. Have any of you ever tried fencing? Last night we watched an old movie from 1987 called The Princess Bride. It is a fairy tale and one I thoroughly enjoyed. I could tell you about it but I found this on YouTube.

5 comments:

Vee said...

I remember that movie...

Six point nine miles...are you going for ten? Fencing? What next?! You are my hero, I hope that you know that.

Don't know what was going on this past week in your world, but I am glad that you are back to your old self just in time for Friday and a great weekend.

Mary said...

I have never been inclined to learn to fence. My oldest son, Joe, is a member of a group that do both fencing and sword fighting demonstrations. Joe enjoyed fencing but loves the swords. Good exercise and discipline but looks dangerous to me.

The postman delivered James' seeds late today. He will be spending tomorrow with me so they will be here for him. He will be so excited. I don't know what made him love sunflowers so much, but sunflowers and puppies are his two most favorite things in the world.

Glad you are feeling your usual self this week.

dot said...

The only fencing I've ever done was trying to hop across one without tearing the seat of my pants!

Goosey said...

Good to see you blogging again, Happy One. It's much less pressure to only blog every few days and much more enjoyable. Hope this week will be a better one for you, TC Goosey

Cheryl said...

I'm so happy that you're happy!

I've never thought of fencing. Just picturing me doing that brings on a giggle!