Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2008

50 Things I'm Thankful For

I am thankful
1. that Jesus died and rose for me. 2. for the love of my family. 3. for Kenny's love 4. and that I get to go through life with him. 5. that I can go for a morning walk. 6. that I have such great places to walk. 7. for the desire to walk each day. 8. for those beautiful sunrises I see each morning. 9. for a warm cozy house. 10. for my front porch. 11. for my yard. 12. for enough food to eat every day. 13. for all my friends. 14. for my blogger friends. 15. for my car. 16. for my good health. 17. for my happy attitude about life. 18. that I'm letting my gray hair grow out and I won't have to dye my hair anymore. 19. to see rainbows in the sky. 20. for pizza. 21. for chocolate chip ice cream. 22. for my computer. 23. that I weigh my ideal weight. 24. for all the good books there are out there to read. 25. and for the public library where you can just walk in and find any book you want. 26. for my camera. 27. for pancake breakfasts on the weekends. 28. for the sound of rain. 29. to be an American 30. and for all the people who have served in the armed forces that have made that possible. 31. for all the beautiful colors in nature. 32. for people who stop to let me cross the street when I'm in a crosswalk. 33. for people who know how to merge in traffic. 34. that I can go out to eat whenever I feel like it. 35. for my big comfortable feather bed. 36. for my clothesline in the back yard. 37. for crisp clean sheets. 38. for sunshine 39. and cool breezes. 40. for cold watermelon to eat sitting on the porch. 41. for my book shelves that Kenny built me. 42. to have enough money to pay all my bills 43. and to have enough left over to have some fun. 44. for my two big corner windows over my sink. 45. to have known all my grandparents. 46. for ice cold milk and chocolate chip cookies. 47. for all the smiles from people I don't know. 48. for comments. 49. for my optimistic nature. 50. For each and every day God gives me. I hope you all have a happy Saturday and remember to be thankful for it. :-)

6 comments:

Vee said...

Now that's a great list! I got quite the chuckle out of being thankful for people who know how to merge in traffic. :D

Have a fun weekend!

dot said...

When my hair started turning gray I dyed it but after a while I quit and it's so nice not to have to worry with that.
Enjoyed reading your list.

Goosey said...

Nice list, I was once told that at the end of each day we should think of three good things or blessings that have happened that day...even if it was a bad day! I do try to do it but I think your list is great.

Cheryl said...

Great and happy post, Happyone.

Dick said...

Wow, you are really happy.

bonnie said...

I love your list. Keep it happy! You're doing great.