Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Front yard daisies

🌾     🌾
 This morning at 6:35 when I walked out the door to start my walk
it was 45 degrees and I could actually see my breath.
It was also sunny which made it great for walking.

Walked the Farm Loop.
A chicken along my route.
Farther along this cow peeked over the fence as I walked by.
Once I was back in town I saw Kathy and we walked around the ball park
loop together.  Then she continued her walk and I walked home.
Walked 6.1 miles
🐝     🐝
 Got another load of laundry done and hung out to dry.
We drove down to LaVale late morning and got a few errands done and
had lunch at Wendy's while we were there.

This afternoon I did some reading and sat out on the porch.

The daisies in my front yard are just about to burst into bloom and this
one just couldn't wait for the others.
 A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"Always have something beautiful in sight,
even if it's just a daisy in a jelly glass."
~ H Jackson Brown, Jr.

10 comments:

Tom said...

"Always have something beautiful in sight, even if it's just a daisy in a jelly glass."
~ H Jackson Brown, Jr.
...how nice, I saw him in concert last February.

Vee said...

Amen to that. Something I try to do every day just because it makes me smile.

ellen b said...

I enjoyed the things you saw on your walk today.

The Furry Gnome said...

Lots of daisies here now, but no Queen Anne's Lace til much later.

Melanie said...

I'm just getting back to visit you so I've missed a few of our walks! I love daisies. So pretty and delicate. Can't wait to see them in full bloom. Again, I had such fun at our lunch. Such beautiful country where you live. I goo and gush over TN but you certainly rival it here! Have a great day.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

I loved all of your lovely photos today & I wish a happy day to you too :)

Debby Ray said...

I love the Queen Anne's Lace almost as I love the daisies....ALMOST! :D

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photo's again.
Loved the chicken and the cow.
I think daisies are a cheerful flower.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the Daisies. They are simple, yet so very pretty.

Adam said...

cute daisy flower