Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Our little pond


A warm 56 degrees at 7:00 when I left to walk into town this morning.  On the way down the hill I saw 9 deer and all the usual birds.  It is two and half miles to the edge of town.  It's nice that Ken will pick me up so I can walk around town and not just have to turn around and walk back home again.
I checked out the park from yesterday and there aren't any trails to walk on.  There is a big pile of tree and branches at one end of the park.  There is a big sign that says trees and branches ONLY.   So of course someone had to throw a bed away there!!

I walked 5.3 miles and then there was Ken to pick me up.

Ken had fun again on his tractor.  Look at all that mud he played in!
We chipped and the trail got a little big longer.  
 This first part of the trail will lead to our little pond.
And in this little cleared area I'd like to put a bench of some kind.
We saw our neighbor Ron again , but we still haven't seen his wife Teresa  and until we do I refer to her as the phantom wife. 

We had supper at Brenda's.  I had a cheese calzone and could only eat half of it.  The rest will be my lunch tomorrow.  Afterwards we went to Walmart and Lowe's.

It's been another good day, and we are sorry to have to go back home tomorrow.  But we'll be back again next week.

Hope all is well in your part of the world and you smiled often today.
Happyone : )

5 comments:

Beth said...

You have grand scenery at Happy Trails!

The calzone sounds good!

Nellie said...

Oh, yum! Cheese calzone! It would have been very tempting for me to eat it all!:-)

Debbie Jones said...

So nice that you can spend so much time at your property now! Sounds like you are really getting to know the area. It looks like a really beautiful area.

Vee said...

I don't know if I smiled at all...thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Is this place going to be your permanent home, or just your weekend hideaway every now and then? It is fun being in on the ground work, so to speak, lol
Ruth