Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Another offer

A chilly morning with the temperature at 27 degrees, but once again the sun came out and it was a beautiful morning.

I walked around the neighborhood, down a path or two and down the road around the business park.  
There were lots of people out walking dogs.  I don't think I've ever seen so many people with their dogs on any other morning!!

Behind the business park down in the wet land I saw 3 deer.  Then when I was walking along the path I saw the fox.  This time I was able to get a picture of him.  It's hard to do because they usually run off.  This one followed me for a little bit.
Last night I dreamed I found a dime on my walk and this morning I did find a dime. : )
I walked 6.1 miles which was 12,248 steps today.
Sunrise 7:24
Sunset 5:13
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The book I finished yesterday was The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley.  It is set in Scotland.
In 1708, an invading Jacobite fleet of French and Scottish soldiers nearly succeeded in landing the exiled James Stewart in Scotland to reclaim his crown.

Present time Carrie, an author wants to write a book about the events. She moves near  Slains Castle where the story takes place and starts to write the book. The heroine of the book is one of her ancestors.

As she writes she discovers her novel is more fact than fiction and Carrie wonders if she might be dealing with ancestral memory.

This book has two stories in one - the one Carrie is writing and her present life.  It is a historical fiction romance and an excellent read.  I loved the book and it has a great ending.   It was another of those books that when it ended I cried because it was so good.  It was hard to say good-bye to all the characters.
Thanks Auntie for recommending another great book!!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night we got a call from Terri, our realtor and another offer has been made for the Savage house. We countered with  an offer and are now waiting to hear back.  This buyer sounds a lot better than the last one that.  She likes old houses and knows their little quirks so we're hoping that this will be it.  I have a good feeling about this.

We went out and about did some errands today and enjoyed the nice sunny day though it was a bit chilly.  Stopped at the realtor, Walmart, and the library and now back home until supper.  We are going out someplace, just have where decided yet.

That's it for today.
Hope you have found some happiness scattered about your day.
Happyone : )
The best things in life are free.
And it is important never to lose sight of that.
So look around you.
Wherever you see friendship, loyalty,
laughter, and love.....
there is your treasure.
~ Neale Donald Walsch
Comment replies:
Betsy - I wouldn't say I was obsessed with exercise - maybe with walking. : )  Walking for me is so much more than exercising.  I have a link on my sidebar where I explain why I walk.  My legs get a good workout walking but the rest of my body needs a workout too and that's why I also do other exercises with light weights.  It only takes 30 minutes and I don't do it every day.  I strive for 4 days but usually just make it 3 days a week.  AND I have to make myself do it -  I don't enjoy it but I like how I feel after wards.

OE - Thanks for identifying the red-tail hawk. : )  I looked it up in my bird book and I'm pretty sure that's what it is. 

Shane - I don't take a book with me, but I do have a bird book at home that I use. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice for your dream of finding a dime to come true!
Hope you get the deal you want selling your house. MJ

Beth said...

The photo of the fox is awesome. The eyes appear to be glowing.

Debbie Jones said...

Great picture of the fox. I so agree with you about walking...I look forward to my walks too! Good luck with this second offer on your house. Hope it goes through. The real estate market is getting hotter!

Nellie said...

More good pictures of wildlife! Good news about the house offer!

Vee said...

He followed you? Hmmm...

That book that Auntie recommended does sound intriguing.

Yay for another nibble on the house! Let's pray it in.

Noofy said...

You will have good karma - when you dreamnt the dime and found one, that's good karma. This will probably be the right offer, hope so, good luck!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-clapping hands- Oh I am so happy that you enjoyed "The Winter Sea" by Susanna Kearsley, as much as I did!!!

She is one of those super-duper authors. In that she writes, some of what I love to read. I understand how you felt, at the end.

But she wrote lots of books! Just do a Search for a list, and keep having a wonderful time, reading. :-)

"Auntie"

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Mmmmm, that fox, followed you???? Mmmmmmmmm... Is that natural behaviour for a fox?

If not, I'd be worried. Rabid animals act un-true to form....

Happy@Home said...

Great picture of the fox.
This potential buyer for your house does sound very promising. I'm going to join Vee and "pray it in".