Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 14, 2012

An afternoon walk

I over slept this morning which left no time for a walk before Sunday school and church. 
The rare times I miss my morning walk I say to myself that I'll just walk later in the day but somehow never get around to it.  But today I did go for that afternoon walk.  Ken was washing the truck so I thought that would be a good time to go.
It was a beautiful fall day - sunny with a breeze that made the leaves fall down all around me.  I love the sound of the rustling leaves as I walk through them.
I walked along a few of the paths.  Don't know how far I walked because I forgot to look at my pedometer before I left, but I probably walked about five miles.
Here are some of the pictures I took along the way.



I saw quite a lot of people out along the paths enjoying this pretty day.  A father and his two little boys were some of the people I came across.  The dad was walking along with his twin boys who were riding the tiniest two wheelers I've ever seen.  I mentioned how tiny the bikes were and also how young the boys were for riding a two wheeler.  Dad told me they were just 3 1/2 years old.  One had a yellow bike and the other a red one with matching helmets.  It was the cutest thing to see. : )  I would have loved to take a picture but didn't ask.

Though it was nice to be out walking this afternoon it is still not the same as my morning walk.  There is just something about walking in the morning for me.
I'm already looking forward to walking around the lake in the morning.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Happyone
Peace be to you, fear not.
Genesis 43:23

6 comments:

Beth said...

I am glad you got your walk in even though it was in the afternoon. Great pictures.

Nellie said...

I can tell by your pictures that you had a beautiful fall day for walking. You needed that extra rest this morning.:)

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like a perfect fall day for walking. Those two little boys must have been a cute sight.
We took a walk today too, but probably only went 2 miles or so.

Debbie Jones said...

I do love walking in the fall when it is cool and lovely. Sounds like you had a nice day. Enjoy the week ahead.

Zenserly said...

I can imagine how cute the twin boys must have looked riding their bikes...loved viewing shots from your walk as always..blessed day :-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Morning is best, for you.

But still, it was kinda' nice to see a different sun-lit view, for a change. Day-sun is different from early-early-morning sun. :-)

"Auntie"