Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 13, 2010

A walk, the hutch, cookies and something new

A cloudy morning for a walk today and it was perfectly still.  I walked around the lake and it was like glass.  I could hear people talking across the lake!!  Didn't check the temperature but it was cool enough for me to wear a sweatshirt.  I saw the deer again with her three babies who really aren't such babies anymore!  Another deer bounced out of the woods on one side of the path and bounced right back in on the other side. A fellow walker alerted me to a turtle they passed along the path but by the time I got there it was gone already.  There is a kind of duck that is common at the lake.  They look like female mallards but they have some blue on their wing feathers.  I just looked them up and they are Rouen ducks.  I'll try to get a picture of one tomorrow.  Less people than usual around the lake, though it is usually quieter on Mondays.


I had fun yesterday getting the hutch all set up with the Fiestaware and as promised here is a picture.  I have been collecting the 6 original colors for years and I would like to have one of everything in all 6 colors, but some of the pieces are just way too expensive and I just can't make myself spend the money for it.  I have quite a few pieces and I'm really happy with what I have. :-)
I put all of my other old dishes I've collected in the bottom of the hutch.  They are different patterns and I like how the table looks set with all the different patterns all together.  This works good too because if one breaks it's no big deal.  No pattern piece to replace.


Now that all those dishes on the hutch I had to rearrange the cabinets they came out of. I have lots of room to spread things out and even have cabinet space that is empty!!  I've never had that before!!




The sun came out later in the morning so I was able to get a couple loads of laundry out to dry.  Then time for the usual house stuff.  Nothing fun about vacuuming and dusting but it sure does feel good when you are done and things look nice and tidy.

I baked some chocolate chippers for a thank you to the helpful neighbor who helped move the hutch inside the house.  I'll drop them off this evening.
I only ate one, but did eat some of the cookie dough too.
I still haven't had lunch so when I get done here I'll go and have some lunch.
Ken should be home from work early today at 3:30.  Then the both of us are going down the road to the golf course to have a golf lesson.   We are trying something new.  We signed up for lessons, four of them, one each on the next four Mondays.  Hopefully this will be fun! :-)

Enjoy your Monday.
Happyone :-)

5 comments:

Vee said...

The hutch looks great with all that beautiful Fiestaware. Its color is the perfect background. So cool here today that I'm thinking of baking cookies or something. I refuse to turn on the furnace.

KathyA said...

I like the look of the hutch with the festive Fiestaware in it! Beautiful, warm, and welcoming. Went back to the gym today for the first time since the surgery. Did a half hour's workout, but no weights. It felt good to get back.

Retired Knitter said...

Beautiful hutch and dishes.

Best of luck on the golf lessions. How about some pictures for your blog?

:-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Trying something new, is sooooooooooooo greattttttt! Hope you both enjoy it. :-)

George said...

I really like the way the hutch looks with the dishes in it. You did a wonderful job. I hope the golf lesson went well.