Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A walk and a book

During the night we got another 3 inches of rain according to my rain gauge and the stream along the path on my way to the lake was pretty high. It was another damp, warm morning with a few light rain showers lingering from last nights rain which kept me cool. The last shower started about a mile from home and was not so light and by the time I got home I was pretty much soaked! Quite a lot of people around the lake enjoying the morning. I stopped for a short chat with walking friend Gary. Don't see him that often any more because he walks earlier now.
A peek at my lake through the trees.
I saw more of those bunnies, geese, and deer once again. Some animal dug up one of the turtle nests and ate the eggs as you can see by the picture. Someone had a good breakfast.
I walked my usual 6 miles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple of you asked about the brain book I'm reading.
It's called
Brain The Complete Mind
How it develops, how it works, and how to keep it sharp.
By Michael S. SweeneyI've read a little more than half of it so far and what a fascinating book it is. Our brains are even more amazing than you can imagine. If you are all interested in how our brains work, this book is a must to read!!

Planned on going to the commissary today and made my shopping list but never did go. It was a rainy morning and I didn't feel like going in the rain. There is always tomorrow.

I made a birthday card for my son whose birthday is Saturday and got that in the mail. Then called my SNL Kathy and had a chat with her. Read blogs then did a few things around the house.

Had some lunch and now it's mid afternoon. Time for some knitting, reading, and whatever else pops up to do.

Hope you are enjoying your Wednesday!
Happyone :-)
Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day
that says I'll try again tomorrow.
~Mary Anne Radmacher

5 comments:

KathyA said...

I bet you were soaked! That rain was really coming down hard.

Vee said...

Do I have to do crossword puzzles to keep it sharp? I'm sunk if I do. :D

Happy birthday to your son!

Hope that you get some perfect summer days soon...not too hot; not too cold; no humidity. That's what I call perfect anyway.

George said...

That sounds like heavy reading -- I'm very impressed. It's too bad about the turtle eggs, but that is just nature.

Barb said...

I liked your photos of the morning walk. Thanks for posting info on the brain book - I'll see if I can get it on Kindle.

o2bhiking said...

Happy birthday to your son. Good people are born in July! ;) Art