Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

A day at Happy Trails

☀     ☀     ☀     ☀
Dark as usual when I left on my morning walk, but it was a beautiful sunny day once the sun came up.  It was 45 degrees.

Walked straight through town and down past the turn off for HT and then back to town.  Then walked around around town, the cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Didn't see any people or animals out.  It was too dark to see anything. : )

Nothing unusual but a nice walk all the same.  Didn't take any pictures along my walk.  All pictures were taken up at Happy Trails today.

I walked 5.5 miles.
☀     ☀     ☀     ☀
We spent the whole day up at HT working and walking around and having a good day. 

The other day when Ken came up alone he made this ramp for the tractor when we use the rock crusher.  It still needs some crushed stone on top of the dirt which we will crush with the crusher.  You may remember that there were ramps made out of wood.
He also put rocks here for another step going up along the side of the cabin.
Today Ken put the skylight in over where the bed will be.  This is taken inside looking up.
He also put shingles on the roof but didn't quite finish so it's a work in progress.  Takes longer than you think because there is a lot of cutting to be done. 
I helped when needed, mostly getting him things so he didn't have to climb up and down on the ladder.  I spent some time picking up dead fall and stacking it up on the natural fence I'm making.
I also walked around on the trails just enjoying the pretty day.
This evening will be the usual.  A little TV, ice cream, and knitting for me. 
It's been a good day. : )
Hope your day was sunny and bright.
happyone : )
Remember fear is a bluffer,
it boasts more than what it can really do.
Call its bluff, 
and it will disappear.
~ Richard Daly
☀     ☀     ☀     ☀

10 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Trails looks like a wonderful retreat.

Vee said...

Beautiful pics! Especially, that final one. Like your fence!

doodles n daydreams said...

Sounds like a good day at HT. The cabin is coming on great.

Diana

Kerri Farley said...

I LOVE seeing your Fall pics! That first one looking up thru the trees takes my breath away!!

M.K. said...

Sounds like a nearly perfect day! I love your first photo. My favorite day would be one just as you describe. Outside on a cool fall day with my husband, helping him build or do something, with a little project of my own too (your fence is neat -- love that!) TV, knitting, and a snack are a perfect finish.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Loved your quote about calling fear's bluff. NEAT.

I'm amazed and in awe of your progress at Happy Trails... It's going to be such a neat place.. Actually, it is ALREADY...

Hugs,
Betsy

Cat Lover said...

Your cabin is going to look fantastic. I can' t wait to see it when you are finished.
Beautiful photos again especially the last one.

Debby Ray said...

Your cabin is going to be such a wonderful place! Looking forward to seeing finished product! I can relate, although we had to seel ours last September...had it for 12 years and watched it being built from the ground up...miss it still so much. Lovely, lovely photos!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty view.

o2bhiking said...

I love the skylight. Your home away from home is coming right along!