Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 06, 2015

A streak free window

✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
A cloudy morning with periods of light drizzle on my walk this morning.  It was a little warm at 70 degrees so the light drizzle and slight breeze made it cool.

Walked down the main road through town and down just past the HT turn off where I turned around, walked through town again and once around the two cemeteries and the ball park loop and then headed back home.

No once else out again.  Just all those rabbits and the birds and the one lone cow who just gotten a drink in the drain in the first picture.

A nice walk of 5.5 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
Yesterday when Ken was driving the church bus everyone on the bus got to see a special sight.  A mama bear crossing the road with 4 very young cubs following behind.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a Norwex Party and yesterday I got the stuff I ordered.  I mainly went because of the window cleaning cloth.  Heard all good things about it and I'm always looking for something that will leave a streak free clean window.  I think I've tried every product on the market and a few home made remedies as well.  I've found the homemade things worked best but still not perfect.  Well, folks I've finally found the thing I've been looking for. : )  I cleaned a couple of windows today and it was easy, fast and best of all NO STREAKS.  AND I only used water and these two cloths.
First I used the green Enviro cloth on the right.  I wet it and then wrung all the water I could out of it.  Wiped the window with it, and then used the purple window cloth to polish it.  Never again do I need to buy or make any product.  I love these things.

I also bought a dusting mitt and love that too.  It picks up all the dust and doesn't just push it around and shines things up too.  No more need of pledge, behold or any other product.
I cleaned Ken's shower with just the Enviro cloth too and only used water.  Amazing how good it works.
If you want to read about how the microfiber works click HERE.

Well that's it for today.  
Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face.
And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year,
the face gets uglier and uglier. 
A person who has good thought cannot ever be ugly.
You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth,
and a double chin and stick out teeth,
but if you have good thoughts they will
shine out of your face like sunbeams
and you will always look lovely.
~ Roald Dahl
Comment replies:
MK - I do save the coins I find during my walk.  Check out this post - Glass Banks.

15 comments:

Vee said...

What?! I've been buying that Hope window cleaner from Lowe's ever since you told me about it! And ail I need are these fancy cloths? FlyLady has some for sale. I have not heard of Norwex. I did buy some microfiber cloths a decade ago and they work pretty well without product, but I don't think that it is necessarily sanitary. Any thoughts on that?

Vee said...

all not ail...

happyone said...

It is supposed to be sanitary because of the special microfiber. I was a bit skeptical but at the party they had some chemical test to prove that there was no bacteria on it after the cloth was used. It convinced me.

Happy@Home said...

Wow, what an unexpected and memorable sight the bear family must have been.
These cleaning cloths sound like a dream come true. I like the fact that they really work and eliminate the need for all of those chemicals in the house. Do you know if they can be purchased without attending a party?

Debby Ray said...

Your walk sounds absolutely wonderful...I love to be out and about with just me, God & His creation!
I do like those microfiber cloths and have had several of them over the years. The window cleaning idea is great and I guess that's why we get those cleaning cloths with our glasses and some electronics with screens these days...they really do the job!

Karen said...

I NEED some of those cloths! Happy@Home, I found them on Amazon, but I guess if you want the social aspect of a party, a party would be more fun! I wish I had known about these cloths when I was cleaning that last house my husband built - the one with the hundreds of little panes of glass that had to be cleaned individually!

Cat Lover said...

The cloths sound interesting. I will check out the website.
Lucky Ken to see the mama bear and cubs!

Retired Knitter said...

Never heard of these cloths. Will check them out. Regarding the bear sighting ... 4 bear cubs sounds like a lot for one mama bear. Kind of rare I would think. How fun to see them.

Anonymous said...

Rob says what did Ken do, grin and bear it?
I'm correcting your spelling. "Windo" has more letters. It should be "Winder"!
MJ

Kerin said...

Hmm.. this is the first that I am hearing about the cloths. I'll have to look into them some more... thanks for the link and info.

How awesome for Ken to have seen the bear cubs and mama!!! I would love to have seen that!!

Have a great afternoon!!
~K.

happyone said...

Thanks : )

eileeninmd said...

I would have loved to have seen the momma bear and her cubs, cool sighting. The clothes sound great for cleaning your windows. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Kerri Farley said...

That cloth sound wonderful!! How fun to see the bears :)

o2bhiking said...

Four cubs is remarkable for a bear. The mom is going to be run ragged to keep them all safe and fed for two years!

M.K. said...

THanks for the link back about the coins. I read and enjoyed it. Those cloths are amazing. I hope I can try them one day. Must be nice to clean with only water!