Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 15, 2013

A pleasant day : )

A chilly 28 degrees this morning but no breeze and the sun came out.  I walked around the lake.  A few icy patches here and there and I treated everything that looked wet as if it were ice!
I didn't see many people around the first half of the lake, but the second half there quite a few.
I took this picture of an early morning fisherman. 
There were a few deer off in the woods and I saw a couple of blue birds again.  A woodpecker was high up in a tree and I saw a cardinal sitting on the very tippy top of a tree.
What a great morning to be out there walking.
Steps on my walk today were 12,493.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had strawberries so I made pancakes for breakfast just so we could put strawberries on them.

It was a nice sunny day and it warmed up and was in the 50's.  So after a little cleaning for me and a some computer work for Ken we headed out and went for a ride.  Stopped in a huge used book store and roamed around in there for a while.  You will be very surprised to hear that I left without buying a one!!

We stopped and had a bite to eat along the way. 

 I put an old school desk I have in the corner of the kitchen a couple of days ago.  I like it there out of the way and I put a big notebook of recipes that I've collected that doesn't fit where my other cookbooks are and put it in the bottom of the desk.  On the desk I am keeping my shopping list.  I like putting the pen in the groove for pens on the desk top.  Silly I know but I like it there. : )

I'm almost done with my book and will finish it later today.  I'm reading Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon.

In just a bit I'll be making supper.  I'm going to fry an onion, some garlic, zucchini, and red pepper in some olive oil.  Add some tomatoes.  Cook some pasta and add it to the pan.  A simple but tasty supper. 

Hope your enjoying your Friday.
It has seemed like a Saturday to me.

Till next time......
A happy day to you.
Happyone : )
There is more to the truth
than just the facts.
~Author Unknown

7 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Cool picture of the fisherman. I love that school desk! Happy Friday :)

Vee said...

The school desk looks right at home there... And if its providing extra storage space all the better. Sounds like a great day you enjoyed and I am truly shocked that you left the bookstore without a purchase.

SusieCraft said...

I love Jan Karon, one of my favorite authors!

Debbie Jones said...

I love the old desk in the corner. I sat in many an old desk like that as a child. It looks great there in your very homey kitchen! You have a lot of willpower, I don't think I could have left the used bookstore with no books. They are a huge weakness for me...in fact tomorrow we are going to a big used book sale here at the fairgrounds in Phoenix. It is every February and the proceeds go to charity. I suspect I will come home with a few treasures. ;-) Have a great weekend!

Nellie said...

I love that desk! Also, I am a fan of Jan Karon and have read all the Father Tim series. I really need to reread them.:-) Dinner sounds delicious!

Beth said...

The desk is really neat. Very cool pic of the fisherman. I hope he caught a lot of fish.

Your supper sounds very good to me.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Fiddle-faddle! I wrote a comment, and blogger "ate" it. -pout-

Wanted to tell you how I love your old school desk! And I'd use it the same way, if I had one.

Try again..............